Outside Retention Representative, Cox Business
3 days left
- Full Time
ROLE SUMMARYThe Cox Business Outside Retention Representative (Retail) retains valuable small to medium business customers (20-99 employees) for Cox Business by minimizing controllable churn and renewing contracts for existing customers. Maintains on-going relationships and retains assigned base of existing customers; seeks and acts upon feedback regarding on-going client satisfaction, cross-sells, and up-sells. Sells non-complex (sales engineer support rarely required) bundled telephony, data, and video products as an up-sell to current customers. Example products may include data/transport solutions (Internet, Ethernet), VoIP solutions (SIP Trunking, IP Centrex), cellular services (3G, 4G) and software-as-a-service.
The position works independently in the field 50% of the week or more and while at the Cox offices, works in a cubicle at a desk. Expected to meet or exceed corporate/regional sales goals in a goal-driven, sales organization. There is pressure to grow revenue quickly to achieve corporate revenue goals. Spends majority of the week out of the office. Incumbent will use a personal vehicle for extensive local travel (with reimbursement for travel). The role is part of a goal-driven, sales organization with pressure to grow revenue quickly. Incumbent will manage their own schedule. Regularly works outdoors in adverse weather conditions and at night, when necessary. Sometimes works with dissatisfied customers. Also works on customers’ premises.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Cold calls existing small to medium customers requiring contract renewals, renews contracts and generates new sales opportunities.
- Identifies new sources of revenue for existing customer base using tools available (market analysis tools/software such as Dun & Bradstreet data or CRM tools to aid in understanding upsell opportunities).
- Develops and maintains consulting relationships to retain assigned base of existing customers. Makes regular contact and maintains expert-level knowledge of their business, industry and communication needs and challenges.
- Develops and maintains strategic account plans for continually maintaining and growing Cox Business’s revenue within existing accounts.
- Engages in save activities.
- Listens to and questions customers in order to understand their businesses’ communication needs, provide solutions to meet those needs, and troubleshoot and resolve sources of service, pricing and technical problems.
- Works with Sales Engineer (or Data Sales Engineer) and/or Sales Support Team to determine appropriate solutions and address any issues regarding installation or service.
- Sets up appointments for Account Executives to meet with customers if sale is not appropriate for the Outside Retention Representative to complete.
- Up-sells bundled telephony, data, wireless, and video, as well as other Cox Business products to current customers.
- Develops proposals and presentations for add-on products/services purchased by previously acquired CB customers.
- Negotiates pricing, products, promotions, and terms/conditions with clients.
- Ensures product pricing reflects pricing structures set at the corporate level.
- Determines serviceability of client location and whether construction is required; if so, obtains construction estimate and uses market’s software to test IRR of proposed services.
- Performs any necessary calculations pertaining to IRR, time periods, pro-rations, or competitive pricing comparisons.
- Educates customers in the use of installed products, service offerings, billing, charges, and product features.
- Works with Order Entry Specialists to complete sales orders. [Internal consulting]
- Tracks orders and serves as a point of contact for client throughout sales and installation process. Keeps customers informed of installation progress and problems, and maintains client satisfaction throughout the sales cycle.
- Coordinates with other departments to resolve maintenance and billing problems. Serves as main point of contact for client during trouble resolution.
- Updates Optix with all required customer information in a timely fashion. [Client records]
- Performs ROI assessment to determine if a sale is profitable, and forwards as appropriate, to Manager of Inside for approval.
- Manages own account portfolio, accurately forecasts business, tracks own performance, and develops plans to achieve and exceed sales goals.
- Prepares regular expense, sales, win/loss and other sales activity reports using software designed for that purpose.
- Makes follow-up calls to customers to inform them of customer referral program.
- Remains current on technical information regarding Cox Business’s services/solutions, including telephony, data, wireless, and video services and offerings, Customer Premises Equipment (CPE), networking, consultation, negotiation and sales skills through completion of required/recommended training program.
- Provides customer intelligence and feedback to Marketing department.
- 1 or more year of experience preferred in related field
- Valid state driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
- 6 months experience using a computer in a work or non-work setting
- Excellent adaptability, applied learning, assignment management, building relationships, written communication, expanding and advancing opportunities, formal presentations, functional competence, high impact communications, learns continuously, PC skills, reasoning, sales skills, and sustaining customer satisfaction, in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired
- 1 year of experience in the telecommunications industry or at a major communications equipment vendor desired.
- 1 year business-to-business field sales experience with quotas and cold calling
- Knowledge of local market, local contacts
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.