Advertising Account Executive - Cox Media Inc
- Full Time
Are you driven to succeed and looking to work for the best in the business? Bring your ambition to Cox Media as an Advertising Account Executive, where you will sell the most innovative digital media and TV advertising solutions in the marketplace. Our robust portfolio of in-demand advertising solutions means you’ll connect advertisers to today’s top sports, entertainment and information networks on cable television. Anyone, anywhere, any screen is at the center of every advertising plan with Cox Media, and the foundation of our history of success.
Our Advertising Account Executives represent the most reputable brands in the industry including ESPN, AMC, FX, Bravo and many more. Our digital product offerings allow us to reach targeted audiences using geo-conversion zones, keyword and search retargeting, video pre-roll and location-based audience segments. We hire energetic, passionate sales professionals with a drive to succeed and who love to exceed client expectations.
If this sounds like you, keep reading to find out more!
A career as an Advertising Account Executive will offer you a collaborative and fast-paced sales environment, competitive pay with uncapped earning potential, and recognition for your outstanding performance.
• Engage with new and existing clients to understand business objectives and create marketing campaigns to drive results through effective television and digital advertising solutions
• Generate new business leads by prospecting and making cold calls to achieve and exceed sales goals
• Sell digital advertising and marketing solutions customized to each client's needs, from the Cox Media product suite that includes on-air commercials, online video, social media placements and mobile marketing solutions
• Understand prospect’s organization and build relationships focusing on key decision-makers
• Create and present customized sales presentations/proposals and successfully close negotiations
• Participate in budgeting and forecasting individual revenue achievement
• Increase knowledge of sales and product offerings through provided on-going training
• Attend trade shows, industry events and represent Cox Media in the local business community to build awareness and engagement
• 1+ years of cable, broadcast, advertising sales/support or marketing experience
• Ability to develop new business and achieve individual sales goals
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Motivated team player who consistently strives to exceed goals and push revenue expectations
• Valid driving license, good driving record and reliable transportation
• Ability to multitask, manage multiple assignments and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team-oriented environment
• BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (business, advertising or marketing)
• Solid understanding of marketing principals and applications in business
• Interactive Advertising Bureau Certification and/or Google Ad Words Certified a plus
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.