Sr UI Designer
- Full Time
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
Visual Designers at Altice USA are visual problem solvers. They use iconography, typography, color, space and motion to create compelling experiences in support of user goals and expectations. We believe that all of our products should be beautiful and accessible. As a Senior Visual Designer at Altice USA, you’ll craft designs that inspire, engage and excite our users in new and innovative ways. You’ll rely on user-centered design principles to produce highquality visuals across many platforms including web, mobile, and TV. At Altice USA, all designs start with a deep empathy for users; their problems, their frustrations, and their joys. The UX team plays a lead role in gathering these insights and then using them to inspire and inform design.
We are a multi-disciplinary team of interaction designers, visual designers and user researchers who collaborate closely with each other. We work closely with product owners and developers to imagine truly innovative solutions that delight our customers. You’re a good fit for this role if you’re truly passionate about creating innovative, usable, greatlooking products that people love to use, from the first interaction with Altice and at every step of the customer journey. You understand how to craft visual experiences that persuade, encourage, and delight. Our UX teams include designers and researchers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities, and put the latest technology squarely where it belongs – at the service of our customers.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 Years of experience in interactive visual design.
- 5 Years of experience collaborating with multidisciplinary UX and/or product teams (motion, interaction, UX research, engineering, UX writer) on technical implementation.
- Experience implementing visual design systems across a range of platforms in an iterative software development environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile, Android and iOS.
- Expert with industry standard design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, Sketch)
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project deadlines.
- Proven ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships.
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.