Marketing Associate, Standards
4 days left
- Full Time
IEEE is the world’s largest professional association advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. We are a catalyst for exciting breakthroughs in computing, sustainable energy systems, aerospace, communications, robotics, healthcare, and many other disciplines that improve the quality of life. Discover your future as part of the IEEE team. Consider the following opportunity:
Marketing Associate Standards
Piscataway, New Jersey
The successful applicant, following the strategy developed by the Director, Marketing & Communications, will coordinate multiple activities to help generate new opportunities and support revenue driving activities for IEEE SA products, services, and events. The incumbent will constantly monitor, review and report on the results of such campaigns and make recommendations to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of marketing programs to increase ROI and reach new audiences. Success in this role requires familiarity with email marketing, as well as marketing automation and CRM tools and best practices.
The selected candidate will also develop and implement marketing campaigns to help drive sales and usage of for IEEE SA products, services and events. This position is primarily responsible for developing and deploying marketing tactics focused on customers, prospects and members.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Develops and deploys custom e-Marketing campaigns to members and prospects to support and promote IEEE SA events, individual/corporate membership, raise awareness, and communicate new products and standards.
- Works with internal teams to gather campaign requirements and translate business needs into technical execution for email campaigns and landing pages. Candidate needs to be able to decide best course of action (i.e. blast, trigger, nurture email programs) to accomplish campaign goals
- Maintains copy decks and make ongoing updates to nurture program emails
- Generates and implements test strategies, including A/B multi-variant testing, to drive qualified traffic and revenue-building activities to ensure maximum profitability
- Builds and maintains highly effective campaign landing pages and backend workflows to properly score and assign leads
- Manages CRM Database of customer & contact lists. Develop and segment lists in SFDC and Marketo.
- Provides marketing team support by managing content updates for newsletters and editorial calendars as well as relevant content repositories.
- Coordinates and tracks digital advertising initiatives
- Supports the Marketing team with ad hoc projects
- Updates Marketing Calendar and Media plan
- Reports on campaign results (i.e. email campaign performance, Google Analytics, lead activity, and trackable sales)
- Organizes small- and large-scale in-person and virtual events (i.e. webinars, tradeshows, workshops), including invitations, registration process, platform vendor selection, etc.
- Develops lead generation journeys for list development; building Marketo landing pages with forms, dynamic content, etc.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in a marketing or other business-related field preferred or equivalent experience
• Minimum 2 years experience, preferably in B2B or industry marketing
• Experience working with demand generation programs a plus
• Experience with email marketing campaigns and marketing automation software. Marketo marketing automation experience strongly preferred
• Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software, particularly Salesforce.com
Skills & Other Requirements:
- Strong writing and proofreading skills for marketing copy
- Strong organizational skills
- Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong prioritization and analysis skills combined with creative problem solving to balance a diverse set of needs, as well data-driven decision-making
- Keep apprised of marketing trends, best practices and new tools; present recommendations to the team.
• Knowledge of HTML a plus
Join us in an environment where people look forward to coming to work! IEEE offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, 401(k) plan with company match, a defined contribution retirement plan, a tuition reimbursement program, flexible spending accounts, company paid life insurance, and a business casual dress code.
Please apply online by going to this URL: https://ieee.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=190208&tz=GMT-04%3A00&tzname=America%2FNew_York
Only those resumes that go through the URL from the web address will be considered. NO THIRD PARTIES PLEASE.
For information on work demands and conditions required for this position, please consult the reference document, “Physical, Mental, and Work Environment Standards for IEEE Positions.” This position is classified under [Category I—Office Position].
IEEE is an EEO/AAP Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Disclaimer: This job description outlines the general nature and key features performed by various positions that share the same job classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons.
Visit www.ieee.org to view details about open positions in one of our four offices: Los Alamitos, CA; New York City; Piscataway, NJ; & Washington, DC.
The IEEE is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.