Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
Marketing Services creates on and offline marketing solutions for a broad portfolio of Springer Nature brands, products and services, which are trusted by researchers, scientists and students worldwide. Our division comprises multiple teams who work together globally to provide multi-channel options for our internal marketing teams.
The Marketing Design Team produces smart and engaging marketing materials, helping to shape and guide the development of our flagship brands and create new product-level branding and campaigns.
As a key member of the team you’ll collaborate on projects spanning print ads, flyers, infographics, brochures, event graphics, digital graphics and much more. You’ll also need to be able to work independently, and act as a representative for our team, building effective working relationships with our marketing teams.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Design of marketing materials in liaison with the Marketing
- Department and teams within Marketing Services. Acting as brand guardian to ensure consistency across materials, providing advice and explanation to marketing colleagues as necessary.
- Working with the Senior Designer to create and develop concepts/branding for new projects. Taking the lead on projects where appropriate.
- Scheduling of own diary to ensure punctual delivery.
- Liaising with the Workflows and Systems Team and team members within the Marketing Design Team to ensure correct
- workflow and archiving processes are followed.
- Preparing print-ready artwork and liaising with the Design
- Coordination Team to ensure best quality and price.
- Preparing graphics for online/screen use and supplying to relevant teams.
- Providing assistance and cover within Design & Media Production as required.
- Adhoc projects as needed.
Experience, skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Graphic Design.
- Prior experience as a Marketing Designer.
- Experience of sending files to press and meeting specifications.
- Strong user of Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Strong creative skills.
- Confident IT user.
- Sound knowledge of pre-press and creation of online materials.
- Ability to multi-task and work to deadline.
- Strong team worker.
- Strong time management, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
To apply, please send your CV with three relevant examples of your work.
If you are an internal applicant please inform your line manager.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following “Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law” poster:
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.