Director, Business Revenue & Sponsorship,
- Full Time
KUOW Puget Sound Public Radio
Open Until Filled
KUOW, 94.9 FM, Seattle’s NPR news station and the Puget Sound region’s #1 radio station for news. Our independent, nonprofit newsroom produces award-winning stories, podcasts and events. Each week, more than 443,300+ listeners tune-in to our broadcast and thousands more stream our content on KUOW.org and via smart speakers. As a self-sustaining service of the University of Washington, our mission is to create and serve a more informed public. Read our 2018 Annual report to learn more.
As Director, Business Revenue & Sponsorship, you are responsible for growing KUOW’s revenue from local and national businesses via on-air sponsorship, events, podcasts, and digital platforms (e.g. email, web). You will lead a team of six talented, motivated account representatives and support staff to achieve our annual revenue goals. You will develop new (non-broadcast) revenue channels as KUOW makes strategic investments in podcasts, events, and other content initiatives and serve as a member of our Senior Leadership team to help guide KUOW for the next decade and beyond.
- A goal-driven sales leader with a proven track-record of delivering results and double-digit growth
- Passionate about providing coaching, mentoring, and training opportunities for your team
- A big, creative thinker who builds new revenues streams that previously did not exist
- A “people person” adept at building relationships (internally and externally)
- An analytical thinker who dives into data and KPIs to understand trends and optimize performance
- A collaborator who’s not afraid to roll-up your sleeves and dive-in.
- An ardent supporter of public media and the important role it plays in our community and our democracy
- Inspired by KUOW’s mission, vision, and values.
HOW TO APPLY:
The University of Washington and KUOW Puget Sound Public Radio are being assisted in this search by Livingston Associates. Inquiries are welcome with Livingston Associates. For consideration, please visit the job posting and apply online at http://liv.jobs/pa5yq.
We believe attracting and retaining diverse staff is crucial to serving our community and fulfilling our mission. KUOW is dedicated to building a culturally diverse staff committed to working in an environment that promotes racial equity and inclusivity. Candidates should describe previous activities or experiences working with person(s) who have a different cultural background than their own.
Open Until Filled.
Salary and benefits are competitive. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are highly encouraged to apply.
As a UW employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs.
Search Assistance by Livingston Associates
Inquiries are welcome with Livingston Associates
#1 radio station for news
2018 Annual report