Senior Researcher - User Experience
- Full Time
An expert in Experience Research and qualitative and quantitative research methodologies. Can request and consume analytics and metrics to inform problem space or identify areas of opportunity. Has advanced understanding. Typically assigned to larger, highly complex projects requiring independent decision-making. Partners with cross-functional teams and stakeholders on ideas and solutions that impact operational results. Identifies areas of unmet customer needs through research and analysis. May serve as a consultative resource with the design team during the solutioning process. Operates with a wide scope of latitude within operational parameters. May identify critical and controversial findings/issues. Aids in negotiation with team and superiors on ideas and solutions that impact industry and/or corporate results. Contributes to Research roadmap requiring single to multiple year plans. Under limited supervision, consults on Research activities. Supports champions, cross-functional teams and executive stakeholders on Research & Analytics ideas and solutions that impact industry and/or corporate results. As individual contributor, influences others through example as opposed to direct leadership.
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate user research studies leveraging various methodologies including, but not limited to, observation lab studies, ethnographic research, iterative usability tests, phone interviews, and co-design, ideation and other types of workshops.
- Compile study data and conduct analysis to develop personas, behavioral patterns, user stories, actionable findings and other relevant insights to communicate the user perspective.
- Prepare and present insights and user stories to infuse empathy, engagement and passion for the human experience in design and business decision making.
- Collaborate and communicate with team members and stakeholders throughout the process.
- Write reports, create visuals, presentations and timelines in support of department or business operations.
- Interpret operational requirements for inclusion in studies and analysis.
- Provide recommendations for operational efficiencies and process improvements and assist in design development to support change initiatives.
- Work to assist or deliver research & analytic projects under the supervision of others.
- Support capability development within the delivery organization, including: reviews, gap assessments and work to source and deliver strategies under the supervision of others.
- Conduct business impact analyses and validation studies and market research through all stages: concept formulation, definition of metrics, determination of appropriate evaluation methodology, research evaluation, and final research report.
- Facilitate meetings and presentations to senior leadership.
- Participate in meetings and presentations to senior leadership.
- Is part of small teams of researchers and/or designers on special projects or major studies.
- 5 or more years of experience in related field (i.e., Human Factors, User Experience Research, etc.).
- 3 or more years of experience if candidate possesses a related advanced degree.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
- BS/BA degree in related discipline. Master's degree in a related discipline strongly preferred.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.