Sr. Manager, Marketing Partnerships, Peacock, Direct-to-Consumer (CA)
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Identify new and manage existing marketing partnerships with major brands and market leading companies across a number of verticals, including digital entertainment services, retail, ad partners, and more. Understand trends in sectors, consumer behavior, competitors and technology to identify emerging opportunities.Partner with Business Development and Digital Enterprise teams to bring partnerships from deal close through product launch, including requirements gathering, partner integration and building a launch marketing plan.Scale, nurture, and optimize partnerships beyond launch, identifying incremental, mutually beneficial opportunities to grow the partnership with a focus on building a marketing roadmap that drives growth and engagement of NBCU’s D2C service.Build marketing programs as well as lead campaign execution that target specific customer cohorts, viewing behaviors, and product features specific to each partner; accountable for campaign development, approvals, and performance tracking. Manage media spend and improve efficiency through right mix of partners and marketing channels by leveraging learnings from prior media investments.Engage NBCU D2C teams – Acquisition, Engagement, PR, Brand Marketing, Strategy, Product, Ad Sales Technology Finance, Legal, Operations – to communicate and implement partnerships.Lead team in tracking, forecasting and communicating performance of partnerships.Partner with Decision Science team to develop performance analysis (tools, reports, team) on indicators such as conversion rate, cost, new customer volume, lifetime value, and share learnings to drive improvement and recommend renewals.
Introducing Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies, exclusive originals, kids programming and current hits, with timely news, sports and pop culture. All together. All in one app.
In preparation for our launch in 2020, we are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.
Sr Manager, Strategic Partnerships, Peacock
The Sr Manager, Strategic Partnerships will report into the VP of Marketing Partnerships for NBCU’s new streaming service and will be responsible for discovering, signing and managing marketing partnerships with major third-party companies. Additionally, the role will involve developing and executing the end to end partner program (commercial, product, marketing, operational aspects); planning, analyzing and improving partnership performance.
This is a high profile, cross-functional role with touch points across NBCU’s D2C product and the wider NBCU business including Ad Sales, Brand Marketing, Product, Technology, Finance and Operations.
• 6+ years of experience in partner facing role
• Solid marketing and brand experience within media and entertainment industry
• Familiarity with negotiating, understanding, and enforcing contracts
• MBA preferred
• Highly strategic and experienced in leading cross-functional teams to orchestrate, collaborate, and successfully seize opportunities
• Analytical skills, with the ability to build business cases, analyze data, and debate financial models with senior stakeholders
• Marketing expertise in digital landscape to drive adoption of product
• Excellent communication skills, confident in managing, influencing and growing relationships with stakeholders internally and externally
• Commercial, strategic and technical mind-set with strong attention to detail
• Sound business judgment and ability to prioritize and triage partner-related issues, solution-find, and effectively motivate internal and external stakeholders to work towards a common goal
• A good understanding of the OTT or ecommerce market
• Strong knowledge of elements to launch partnerships: proposition development, marketing channels, commercial models, operational mechanics
• Organized and structured, ability to reliably deliver on plans and forecasts is critical
• Collegial, high energy, and persistent personality, and excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Comfort with a fast-paced, always-on, start-up environment
• Excellent communication skills
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.