- Full Time
The New York Post is seeking a talented Photo Director to join our expanding visual team! Continue a long tradition of compelling photo journalism and visual storytelling through the lens of a truly unique brand, bringing vision and creativity as we continue to grow across all platforms.
What you’ll do:
- Supervise a talented team of photo editors, assistant photo editors and staff photographers.
- Balance photo needs of the brand across platforms, from daily print edition with strong emphasis on original photography, to our dramatically growing digital products that offer endless opportunities for smart visual content.
- Strategize new ways to leverage visual assets and develop smart solutions for workflow as we look to expand digital content.
- Play critical role in development as we continue to expand our brand.
- Working with the Creative Director, play an active role in constant pursuit of visual innovation with emphasis on emerging platforms.
- Maintain relationships with wide range of freelance photographers.
- Continue to expand agency partnerships and lead charge in pursuit of exclusive visual content.
What you’ll need:
- 8-10 + years’ experience in publishing/media environments with proven record of innovation a must.
- Previous experience with a multi-platform media brand both digital and print.
- The ability to lead, motivate and energize. An optimistic partner and collaborator.
- Extensive experience managing photo teams and projects (from assigning to editing), preferably in a news environment with substantial digital presence.
- Well established industry contacts including photographers, agencies, reps and producers.
- Well-versed in emerging platforms and technology trends as they relate to photography.
- Passion for visual storytelling; from breaking news to celebrity photography and beyond.
- Champion multitasker and collaborator, with ability to smartly delegate.
- A strong sense of fiscal responsibility.
- Thrive in fast paced environment.
- Unapologetic sense of adventure.
As an equal opportunity employer, the New York Post does not discriminate in hiring or the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The New York Post will consider the provision of reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental disabilities of otherwise qualified applicants to enable them to participate in our application process and to effectively perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would impose an undue financial or operational hardship.