Footwear News: Designer
- Full Time
Footwear News: Designer
Footwear News, the brand that has covered the footwear industry for over 70 years is hiring a designer. The designer will be part of a two-person team with the full creative support of a large media company. The designer will work on the print magazine, footwearnews.com and various social media platforms. The ideal candidate will possess a high level of design sophistication, from concept through execution, and a strong eye for photography and superb typography skills. The candidate will assist the Art Director in planning each issue and work closely with editors and department heads to develop original design concepts.
Duties will include:
- Generate innovative visual storytelling ideas and create and design compelling high-impact editorial pages for the front and back of the book sections of the magazine and occasional features
- Partner with Art Director and Editors on story development and visual concepts
- Manage page production, pagination and prepare final pages for shipping and ensure layouts meet design and print standards
- Design and prepare assets for footwearnews.com and FN social networks and ensure they meet brand guidelines
- Create charts and infographics for online & print
- Occasional video editing for footwearnews.com and social media platforms
- Assisting Art Director on photoshoots
- Thorough knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience commissioning illustrations and giving art direction to illustrators.
- Experience sourcing photographers for various types of shoots including still life/product and celebrity/people
- Experience editing videos using Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects a major plus, and if not, a willingness to learn
- Digital design experience with demonstrable knowledge of UX/UI
- Experience with WordPress, HTML/CSS and Sketch a plus
- Strong organizational skills managing priorities and workflow
- Excellent communication skills and experience talking through editorial ideas in a lively, collaborative environment
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently under pressure handling multiple projects and maintain a calm attitude
About Footwear News:
Footwear News is the publication of record for senior footwear and fashion executives, providing an insider’s perspective on top news, trends and strategies. FN keeps you and your business a step ahead on the retailing, manufacturing and financial aspects of the footwear industry. FN spotlights the hottest new designers, newsmakers, and business leaders, as well as reporting on the most groundbreaking fashion trends and more. Footwear News’ parent company, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is a leading digital media company, publishing, and information Services Company founded in 2003.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.