Editor - Nonfiction Content
Polywise is creating a fun, interactive way to read long-form nonfiction content on your phone in bite-sized visual sessions. Just as podcasts brought a feeling of productivity to the morning commute, we’re turning shorter breaks throughout the day into moments of interactive, visual learning. The core of our product is a new format for nonfiction content that’s designed from the ground up for the mobile use case - easy to consume but impactful visual learning experiences on your phone.
We’re seeking a part-time editor to lead our research and writing processes. This person will work closely with a team of freelance writers to produce high-quality, accessible, nonfiction written content for a general audience. This role is based in New York and reports to the Head of Product.
- Edit and revise written content based on popular nonfiction books, working with a team of freelance writers.
- Collaborate with illustrators and animators to create informative and elegant visuals that complement the written content.
- Work with the CEO and the Head of Product to establish writing and editing processes and guidelines for the company, and to help develop an entirely new mobile-centric type of longform nonfiction writing.
- Based in New York and able to work 20+ hours per week.
- You’ve been in some sort of editorial role before (as a professional or as a student) working on books, articles, educational content and/or something similar.
- Able to turn around new revisions very quickly, and give helpful feedback to writers
- Learning fanatic: You love learning new things and consume tons of nonfiction content - books, lectures, documentaries, courses, podcasts, wikipedia pages, etc.
- Nice to have: Experience summarizing or reviewing books.
- Nice to have: Experience screenwriting, UX writing, or writing in a nontraditional format. Our mobile format has unique challenges and this role needs someone who can deliver maximum clarity with every sentence.
Founder Bio: Daniel Terry has repeatedly created new content formats and business categories on mobile and is now looking to do the same for mobile nonfiction content. Daniel is the Founder & Chairman of Pocket Gems and Episode Interactive, which have reached over 250 million people and raised over $150M from Tencent and Sequoia Capital. Episode created a new format for interactive fiction on mobile and is now the #1 destination for interactive narratives in the world, with over 5 million weekly active users and over 6 million writers registered. Pocket Gems has created and been the market leader in new mobile gaming categories and has consistently developed top grossing mobile games since 2009.
Apply for Editor - Nonfiction Content
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly