Are you detail-oriented? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Do you find yourself telling all your friends about the latest great book you read? If you answered yes to these questions, you may be the perfect fit for the Penguin Young Readers Publicity team.
Penguin Young Readers, a division of Penguin Random House, is seeking a Publicity Assistant to support the V.P. of Publicity and Corporate Communications and the V.P. of Publicity. We’re looking for an innovative self-starter who is passionate about children’s and young adult literature. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, have excellent time management and prioritization skills, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with distinguished authors and brands. Penguin Young Readers is one of the leading children's book publishers in the United States and home to award-winning, critically-acclaimed and bestselling authors and illustrators such as Laurie Halse Anderson, Eric Carle, Roald Dahl, Adam Gidwitz, John Green, Oliver Jeffers, Ruta Sepetys, Sabaa Tahir, and Jacqueline Woodson.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Providing general administrative support, including mailings, photocopying, processing invoices, maintaining calendars, and filing expense reports, etc.
* Liaising with bookstores to organize author events.
* Coordinating travel and other arrangements for major author tours and creating detailed tour schedules for campaigns.
* Responding to a variety of calls from media, authors, and booksellers.
* Drafting press materials and seasonal round-up media pitches.
* Communicating between the Marketing, Editorial, and Production departments.
* Maintaining media clips, press contacts, and detailed logs of publicity projects in an internal database system.
* Performing online research to acquire publicity contacts.
* Assisting and attending book events on weeknights or weekends, as necessary.
* Minimum of 6 months of prior office experience
* Strong interest in publicity and publishing
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to manage multiple responsibilities in a deadline driven environment
* Excellent organizational skills and superb attention to detail
* Strong follow-up skills
* Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Salary for this position is $40,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our online application process.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.