Sr. UX Designer
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
NBCUniversal is the global media company that brought you some of the world’s most iconic television and film franchises, including: The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, The Real Housewives, Mr. Robot, The Voice, This Is Us, The Fast & The Furious, Jurassic Park, Minions, and more. We are launching an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service. It will seamlessly bring together the breadth and depth of NBCU’s broadcast and cable television series, movie titles, premier sporting events, and renowned news reporting... all in one destination... all in one app.
We are building a world-class team of smart, hungry, fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology, and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.As a Senior UX Designer on our team, you will conceive, define, design, develop, test, and launch vivid and compelling television experiences that are contextually-relevant, exceedingly-useful, and curiously entertaining.
What we’re looking for in a candidate:
● You are a seasoned designer with relentlessly high standards and deep operational knowledge and expertise in every aspect of UX and product design. ● You are thoughtful and like to learn. You are fully-versed in consumer digital product best practices, technologies, and tools.● You look at the data and listen to the voice of the consumer.● You identify the most impactful concepts and push them through a rigorous course of critical evaluation, execution, implementation, experimentation, success—or failure. ● You are a strong communicator, able to articulate your point-of-view, and engage in fact-based discourse. ● You are scrappy—focused, driven, and the natural owner of both big ideas and practical daily output. ● You feel most at home in a fast-paced, iterative, and collaborative environment. ● You are fluid and adaptable—able to work on multiple tracks and pivot from one project to another.What you will be doing:● Conceive and deliver end-to-end UX for high-value, consumer-centric digital products, owning the big ideas as well as your practical daily output.● Present creative to all audiences. Formulate and communicate ideas and plans to peers, leadership, and engineering contributors.● Balance inputs from business, design, research, technology, and external partners. Create a network of cross-functional collaborators. Build rapport and earn trust.● Collaborate with product owners and engineers to successfully deliver products to market.
● Minimum 7 years industry experience in the field as a UX/Product Designer
● An online portfolio reflecting that experience, including shipped and currently in-market products and demonstrating end-to-end design methodology
● Advanced expertise with leading design tools, including the Adobe Creative Cloud suite, Sketch, Figma, and other collaboration and prototyping tools
● Demonstrated expertise and experience designing for mobile platforms, iOS preferred
● Visual design expertise (or at least a very good eye)
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.