Project Support Specialist I
- Full Time
Cox Communications is seeking a Project Support Specialist
I. Some of the major tasks involved with this role will be receiving
BOM’s, invoices, creating Capital Investment Requests (CIRs), capital
requisitions, Labor Requisitions. Also, this role reviews for compliance
with budget, coding and tax laws, and inputs appropriate information into BSS
systems (e.g. Oracle). Vertical progression from level I – II is based on
attainment of functional proficiency, competencies, and ability to do the job
independently as assessed by supervisor/manager performance management and observation. In the level I role, individuals will be trained and evaluated to
determine their level of proficiency based on attainment of functional
competencies and other key capabilities.
Primary Role and Responsibilities
- Receives procurement requests, creates capital investment requests, capital requisitions and purchase orders and coordinates leadership approval.
- Documents receipt of equipment and purchase orders in Oracle.
- Creates and closes projects in BSS System to align with defined project budget goals
- Assists in research of accounts payable discrepancies (e.g. investigates invoices that do not match purchase orders), ensuring appropriate coding of the purchase order and validating expected charges based on order.
- Initiates contact with Supply Chain Management and maintains awareness of procurement related activities.
- Coordinates with project team and Supply Chain for items requiring material tracking and reporting. This includes items such as, returns, expedites, pricing and receipt variances, new part numbers, lost/damaged material, vendor Issues, material variances, miss-shipments, backorder, and Supply Chain material availability.
- Provides weekly reporting, coordinates discrepancy resolution, and assists in payment inquires and invoices.
- Reports asset inventory lists for tax and insurance purposes for Accounting.
- Tracks material through complete lifecycle with Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Finance to Receiving.
- Manages contract labor tracking per project.
- Inputs opex requests, updates spreadsheets, forms and documents. Serves as the touch point for Technology to Supply Chain.
- Executes problem-solving skills and judgment related to purchases.
- HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience
- 1+ years of experience in administrative support role
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills with emphasis on Excel
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, time management, organization and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout the organization
- AS/AA or Technical Certification in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Business, Accounting, Supply Chain)
- Experience working in Supply Chain, Procurement or Warehousing
- Experience tracking and reporting capital expenditures and operating expenses
- Experience using Oracle or related accounting tools
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.