Ever wonder how books are transformed from a manuscript to a tangible copy sitting on the shelf of your favorite bookstore? If you are looking to play a vital role in the creation and manufacturing of a physical book, then we may have the right job for you!
Penguin Young Readers is seeking a Production Assistant to join the Penguin Workshop imprint. The Assistant will provide overall support to the Production Director and production team, including both administrative and book production duties.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Monitoring title status schedules for initial and/or rush reprints.
* Updating staff with printed production status notes.
* Entering and maintaining data in SAP, including the creation of purchase orders and invoicing.
* Providing estimates and quotes for prospective projects.
* Verifying specifications of electronic mechanicals and uploading files to the vendor.
* Routing materials to the Managing Editorial, Editorial and Design teams.
* Supporting the domestic and international vendor correspondence of book titles for.
* Requesting original files to be archived and verifying completion.
* Reviewing finished product for quality and handling book distribution.
* Uploading testing reports and creating supporting COC documents when applicable.
* Fulfilling requests for rush reprints and special order purchases.
* Performing other related projects or duties as assigned.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
* Genuine interest in book production and book publishing
* Ability to work well with numbers
* Strong organizational, scheduling, and time management skills
* Excellent attention to detail and communication skills
* Strong ability to multitask and prioritize in a deadline driven environment
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Filemaker a plus
* Familiarity with SAP a plus
Salary for this position is $40,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.