Marketing Strategy Planner
- Full Time
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
The Port Authority’s marketing department is looking for a Marketing Communications Strategy Planner to elevate the strategic rigor, the creativity and the impact of our marketing campaigns. The main role of the Marketing/Communications Planner is to optimize our engagement along the entire customer journey, aligning each message with the right moment and the right channel, to help achieve the Agency’s vision of a 21st century, customer-centric experience.
The Marketing/Communications Strategy Planner will lead the development of the strategic frameworks that form the basis of the campaigns developed by the Marketing Managers. The Marketing/Communications Strategy Planner will be the champion and the guardian of the strategic, creative and targeting standards of excellence through the campaign development process.
The Communications Planner will:
- Review and synthesize research data generated across the Agency
- Make recommendations for standardizing research methodologies
- Ground themselves in a deep understanding of the audiences we’re trying to reach
- Use data and insights to identify which types of messaging will resonate the most with customers and help alleviate pain points along their journey
- Develop communications frameworks, from messaging hierarchies to channel strategies, that align the right messaging on the right platforms to reach the right audiences
- Develop creative briefs that ground the campaigns in the Agency’s priorities
- Ensure that all creative ideas adhere to strategy in a way that’s meaningful to the customer
- Identify benchmarks to measure the effectiveness of the campaigns
- Connect our work to the unique culture and values that are the hallmark of our region.
In particular, the Communications Planner will play a key role in creating strategies and steering messaging, visuals, tone of voice and experiential touchpoints to infuse each of the airports we manage with the spirit of the region and highlight its cultural vitality and uniqueness.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Minimum of seven years of experience in marketing-communications strategy planning at a marketing agency, brand strategy agency, or a customer-centric organization.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent external experience.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- An ability to identify insights that add context and texture to the customer journeys
- A proven ability to develop communications plans grounded in insights
- Expertise in leveraging customer journey maps to articulate a vision and a plan
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- An ability to drive change on aggressive timelines
- A passion for our region, its people, its history, its culture and its diversity
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
<img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://panynj.contacthr.com/72274140.jpg />
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: