SHAPE.com SEO Editor
Shape.com SEO Editor Job Description
Shape.com is searching for a strong SEO Editor/Writer to join its team. This is a new role we’re piloting, so it’s currently a contracted position. The ideal candidate is experienced in writing and editing digital content rooted in SEO strategies and has an interest in Shape.com’s core pillars: fitness, healthy eating, mental health, and general wellness.
- Writes, optimizes, assigns, and edits content for Shape.com with the goal of increasing search traffic while maintaining voice for the brand, this particularly pertains to our core content around trying to workouts, healthy eating, and skincare, among other topics.
- Works closely with our editorial team and SEO growth lead to create content for specific business-critical keywords and keyword phrases.
- Optimizes print content for SEO/web
- Assist in the migration and merging of content from sister websites over to Shape.com to help SEO
Main Job Functions
- Edit, write, optimize content for organic search
- Brainstorm and commission ideas for improving our search content
- Complete production work & photo research
- Collaborate with our social, newsletter, SEO, and print departments
- Two-three years working as a digital editor or SEO editor for a digital media brand or comparable organization
- Incredible writing, editing, and brainstorming skills
- Proven track record of creating SEO-focused content that has driven traffic
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multitask
- Comfortable being a team player while also spearheading independent projects
- Familiar with CMS systems, namely Drupal and Wordpress, and analytic tools like Google Analytics, Chartbeat, and SEMRush
- Great communicator, strong people skills, passionate about the SHAPE brand