About Your Role
As an Associate Commerce Editor, you will work to support the commerce team by editing new content and updating existing content for our technology vertical, Lifewire. You will bring our readers the high-quality product and service recommendations they’re searching for—connecting readers to top affiliate partners like Amazon, Walmart, and more.
Lifewire is the 5th largest site in the ad-supported Technology News category with 9 million monthly unique U.S. visitors. The commerce team at Lifewire is a multi-million dollar business that continues to grow.
Day-to-day, you will be responsible for commerce content strategy and execution, including assigning and editing new content to our network of top product reviewers, producing and publishing new content in our CMS, updating existing content with new product releases, and tracking and analyzing the success of all editorial efforts. With this in mind, a familiarity and passion for all tech products is a must.
About Your Contributions
- Assign, edit, and publish new Commerce content across Lifewire, using competitor analysis, marketplace knowledge, and internal data to back your editorial approach.
- Contribute to our monthly editorial updating process of top 200 Commerce articles.
- Track and use performance data to adjust editorial strategy and programming efforts.
- Work across the commerce team to help support the product testing team.
- You are a commerce generalist writer, editor, or producer, with 1-3 years experience in the commerce space working on commerce content.
- You have good writing/editing ability and an instinctive feel for an authentic voice and how to make a reader take action.
- You have your finger on the pulse of what is new in the technology world and are a user of the latest and greatest tech products out there.
- You understand what makes a great product and are able to translate that into our content in a clear concise way which is understandable to our readers.
- Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Good understanding of digital media traffic and conversion funnels.
- Organized, efficient, and a self-starter.
- Familiar with working in various different CMSs.
- Bachelor's degree required.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides and ThoughtCo.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a firstname.lastname@example.org account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to email@example.com.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.