About Your Role
Brides is looking for a digital savvy editor to join our growing team. The right candidate will have a focus and passion for the bridal and fashion spaces and assist in driving innovation for the brand (on-site and across platforms); implementing top-level content strategy; defining and enforcing the brand’s aesthetic and voice; and improving user experience to ultimately grow traffic, audience engagement, and revenue.
About Your Contributions
- Manage monthly evergreen content creation and a growing corps of freelancers
- Review and copy edit new and existing articles to ensure best practices are being met
- Manage and enforce documentation around brand best practices and guidelines to improve and ensure content quality
- Manage ongoing visual asset creation in conjunction with brand’s visual editor
- Assess sets of seasonal content on a rolling basis for update and promotion
- At least 3-4 years experience in a related editorial role
- Detail oriented, impeccably organized, deadline focused, creative, and eager to learn
- A demonstrated knowledge of SEO best practices and execution
- Operating experience with content management systems and web analytics tools
- Strong understanding of the Brides aesthetic and voice
- Passionate about the bridal industry, and eager to share your knowledge of it
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in journalism or communications a major plus
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides and ThoughtCo.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a firstname.lastname@example.org account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to email@example.com.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.