Food News Writer
- Full Time
The healthy eating site Eat This, Not That! is looking for an experienced, talented, and energetic FOOD NEWS WRITER to join its growing team and vitalize the site’s daily food and restaurant coverage. The writer will be responsible for identifying, reporting, and writing breaking news items every day across a range of food, restaurant, and healthy-eating topics; for staying one step ahead of the industry competition; and for tracking story performance and developing successful news-related content strategies over time. The ideal candidate will be a dazzling writer with a terrific sense of humor who has a passion for food, food trends, and popular restaurants (and who loves nothing more than to read about the craziest new food release from Taco Bell!).
- Pitch, report, and write at least 3 news stories per day, starting early in the morning
- Build contacts across the restaurant industry
- Relentlessly pursue up-to-the-minute news stories on topics that resonate with Eat This’ readers.
- Apply SEO best practices to stories
- Track daily trends using best-in-class tools
- Collaborate with the rest of the editorial team
- Very strong writing abilities
- A minimum of 3 years working for an editorial website with a focus on lifestyle topics
- A passion for food and food trends
- A great sense of humor!
Owned and operated by Galvanized Media, EatThis.com—with its food swaps, stunning visuals, and proven "no-diet" weight-loss strategies—is now the world’s #1 nutrition website. It helps you make the right food choice every time, with content devoted to healthy eating, restaurant menu survival, supermarket shopping guides, and more. The site has 6 million unique monthly visitors, and is responsible for upwards of 2 billion page views across our syndication partners in the last 12 months.
Galvanized, the award-winning media company based in New York and staffed with industry professionals, works with NBC News, Meredith, Hearst, Bonnier, American Media, and Simon and Schuster to define the new era of healthy living via life-changing content.
Apply for Food News Writer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly