Senior User Experience Researcher
- Full Time
We are looking for a Senior User Experience Researcher with a passion for helping deliver intuitive and transformative experiences for our clients and team member to join our talented UX Team.
The User Experience Researcher works closely with other UX practitioners, designers, strategists and stakeholders to propose and conduct user research activities consisting of strategic and tactical studies and is responsible for coordinating, planning, executing, and reporting on activities across Cox Automotive Inventory Solutions products, services and platforms.
This individual must have a passion for user experience research specifically as it relates to software development.
- Provide insights to help inform and execute on product strategy and tactics by conductingboth formative (e.g., ethnographic research, contextual interviews) and evaluative (e.g.,lab/remote sessions, surveys) research
- Identifies the proper research methods based upon product phase and timeline
- Creates proposals and research roadmaps/timelines
- Obtains stakeholder approvals and acts on research proposals
- Recruits test participants, creating screeners, managing participant scheduling & related external vendor interactions for recruiting as needed.
- Sets up and facilitates testing covering quantitative and qualitative data collection
- techniques in accord with product goals and in support of data-driven / informed design.
- Work cross functionally with teams to shape and execute plans based on business needs
- and growth initiatives for both existing and new products throughout the software
- development lifecycle of applications, often with numerous research initiatives occurring concurrently
- Uncover actionable insights and evangelize findings at various levels of the organization to help the business grow
- Lead and facilitate brainstorming sessions, needs analysis, features, and functionality workshops
- Investigates and evaluates User Experience Research trends in the industry and communicates recommendations to the UX leadership team aimed at enhancing UX
- processes, incorporating new or innovative ideas, increasing research velocity/value/ efficacy and/or recommending new methodologies and tools as appropriate
Qualifications:Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications:
- Possesses broad expertise in end-user data collection involving complex web and mobile software applications and understands most, if not all, of the following (experience performing them in an agile software development environment a must):
- 1:1 task-based testing/in-depth interviews
- Iterative discovery / formative testing
- Remote moderated 1:1 testing
- Remote un-moderated testing
- Remote open/closed card sorting
- 1:1 open/closed card sorting
- Focus groups
- Ethnography/day in the life/site visits
- Contextual inquiry
- 1:1 interviews
- Concept testing / desirability studies
- Prototype testing
- Survey creation
- Persona research and creation
- Strong user experience research foundation and flexible approach
- Strong reporting skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to be a contributing member of a cross-functional team and inspire team confidence in and respect for the contributions of research to enhance user experience
- A demonstrated ability to effectively partner with and communicate to stakeholders, designers, product managers and engineering development team members
- Experience with Morae, OpinionLab, UserIQ, Axure, Adobe Analytics, TeaLeaf, and/or other research or prototyping tools is desirable
- Extensive portfolio that includes examples of leading strategic research with significant business outcomes and creation of long-term research plans
- Deep experience and past success performing UX Research on software within an Agile SDLC is required.
- 6+ year’s related work experience. UX research experience must include and established, heavily trafficked, consumer facing web site or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Factors Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, HumanComputer Interaction, Experimental Design or equivalent work experience.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.