Penguin Random House is searching for an experienced, insightful Customer Operations Analyst to join the Sales and Customer Operations team. The team works closely with Sales and our physical and digital customers--ranging from book distributors, to libraries, to Amazon--and makes recommendations that improve efficiencies for both customers and the Company.
The Customer Operations Analyst will gain understanding of our customers’ operations as well as analyze data to find opportunities for Penguin Random House to develop competitive advantages for the Company in our physical and digital supply chain capabilities. The Analyst will liaise with various internal departments such as Sales, Operations, Publishing, and Finance to affect positive change. Most importantly, the Analyst’s work will directly impact how our books reach readers everywhere.
Responsibilities & Duties
* Partner closely with Penguin Random House’s physical and digital customers to understand their needs & priorities
* Work with Penguin Random House internal teams to provide solutions for customer needs and changes in the marketplace
* Develop valuable insights and identify opportunities for incremental and at-scale efficiencies by gathering and analyzing multiple data sets
* Help to set sales and customer expectations based on current and future Penguin Random House capabilities
* Participate in industry groups
* Run regular internal and external reports on a daily, weekly, and quarterly basis
* Perform ad hoc analyses and prepare additional reporting as needed
* 2-5 years’ experience leading and participating in project teams
* 2-5 years’ experience in dealing with customers, vendors, and/or supply chain
* Strong analytical skills
* Project management experience
* Ability to lead and participate in project teams
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, specifically Excel and PowerBI
* Excellent written and communication skills
* Confident and persuasive public speaking skills
* Prior publishing experience a plus
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.