Location: San Antonio, Texas
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
This position primary responsibility is to develop new business, grow and manage the existing local accounts for KVDA San Antonio by:
• Prospecting, qualifying, cold calling, and switch pitching 0 share clients from general market TV, Spanish language TV, radio, print and online platforms.
• Developing non-traditional revenue (NTR) by creating/selling the station initiatives and grass root events by developing "Unique Value Propositions"
• Understanding market conditions that impact their clients' business to enable them to shift strategy and tailor media plans that meet customer needs
• Selling conceptually beyond the rating point and traditional: 30 second spot
• Being customer centric and having the ability to cultivate strong business partnerships
• Minimum 1-year experience in media sales or other sales experience
• Must be willing to work at the San Antonio station
• Must be willing to submit to a Background Check
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be 18 years or greater
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must have access to a vehicle and excellent driving history. Must provide proof of a current valid U.S. driver's license, vehicle insurance, and registration as requested
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Communications, Marketing, or related field from an accredited university
• Ability to communicate clearly and make presentations either in Spanish/English
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to project/forecast individual business trends
• Ability to simplify strategy into specific actions, while also having the strength to make key decisions that will help station and client grow and communicate priorities
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment and flexible schedule
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary.
About Telemundo Station Group:
Telemundo Station Group, part of the NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division of NBCUniversal, is comprised of 30 local television stations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Producing and broadcasting more than 15,000 hours of unique and relevant local content each year, including award-winning news, public affairs, and entertainment programming, Telemundo Station Group serves the largest Hispanic television markets in the country including Los Angeles, New York, Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Chicago, San Antonio, San Francisco Bay Area, Fresno, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, Phoenix, Harlingen, Orlando, Fresno, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., San Diego, Tampa, Denver, El Paso, Boston, Las Vegas, Tucson, Hartford, Fort Myers, Springfield, Richmond, Sacramento, Fresno, Salt Lake and Puerto Rico. In addition, Telemundo Station Group operates TeleXitos, a national multicast network that offers viewers popular action and adventure television series and feature films in Spanish. The group also provides support to 50 Telemundo affiliates across the country and manages dedicated local websites and applications, as well as a robust digital out-of-home operation.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.