- Full Time
At Earthjustice, we are driven by a passion for justice—for people and for the environment. As the premier nonprofit environmental law organization, we are uniquely qualified to deliver sweeping, on-the-ground results that make a real difference in our environment and our communities. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We partner with thousands of groups, supporters, individuals and communities to engage the critical environmental issues of our time, and bring about positive change. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice has a distinguished track record of achieving significant, lasting environmental protections. We achieve this by hiring people who share a passion for justice and a healthy environment. Our headquarters are in San Francisco with offices in Anchorage, Juneau, Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, Tallahassee, Honolulu, New York, Philadelphia, Denver, Seattle, Bozeman, and Washington, DC.
In addition to a talented cadre of environmental lawyers and legislative advocates, Earthjustice has an amazing communications department that works in partnership with every other department at the organization. This position is responsible for working in the Marketing team to help guide the growth of Earthjustice brand awareness, engagement and support. This person will provide marketing expertise across an array of marketing areas including strategy, advertising, media and insights. This position will help drive the execution of marketing efforts as well as the day-to-day department needs.
This position can be based in one of the following locations: San Francisco or Los Angeles.
Audience Research & Insights (20%)
- Initiating and analyzing market research of new audiences we want to reach to improve the organization’s marketing efforts
- Conduct desk research on relevant topics, market trends and people to ensure EJ’s efforts are fresh and relevant to target audiences
- Evaluate competitive landscape across the environmental and social justice space to ensure EJ’s positioning is unique and ownable
- Develop marketing personas to help drive creative development and identify new audiences to target.
General Marketing (50%)
- In partnership with the Director of Marketing, oversee the development of advertising materials across mediums, both traditional (tv, radio, print, out-of-home) and new (digital, social media) advertising. Ensure stations and other providers receive the necessary files on time and to spec to implement our advertising plans
- Collaborate with the Creative Content and Digital Engagement teams as well as third party agencies to develop marketing campaigns that reach targeted audiences and persuade them to further engage with us
- Participate in the development of effective advertising copy, promotion/media plans, and integrated marketing campaigns
- Work closely with Director of Marketing in managing agency relationships
- Develop, implement and evaluate other strategic brand building projects as directed
- Oversee our branded products/merchandise, working within the team and other departments to identify product needs, sourcing and creative assets
Strategic Support (20%)
- Together with the Director of Marketing, help develop and execute the annual marketing plan to grow brand awareness and engagement
- Provide day to day project management for the team, including development and tracking of the annual budget and marketing calendars
- Help manage processes and systems that enable information sharing across the team and the broader Communications department
Continued Personal Learning (10%)
- Participates in organization-wide initiatives and trainings that contribute to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences
- Utilizes internal and external resources to support a personal and professional development journey that increases awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Communications or relevant work experience
- 3-5 years of experience in marketing (nonprofit experience preferred)
- Ability to work in a cross-functional, collaborative environment
- Strong ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects
- Self-starter who can spearhead projects from start to finish without day to day oversight
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
- Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
Salary is based on experience and location.
Salary range in Los Angeles, CA: $61,200 - $68,000
Salary range in San Francisco, CA: $64,400 - $71,600
We offer a mission and employee-focused work environment and a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits. Earthjustice is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume online via the Jobvite system.
Click here to apply: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oOn3afw8&s=media_bistro
Please, no phone calls, hard copies, or drop-ins. If you're having technical difficulties submitting your application, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership, and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other factor that is not related to the position.
For positions located within the City and County of San Francisco: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For positions located within the City of Los Angeles: We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.