- Full Time
The electrician is a hands on position reporting to the electrical maintenance department. Position will assist in the day-to-day operations of the plant. Will install, repair and maintain all types of electronic and electrical equipment (including high voltage switchgear) throughout the facility.
- Services, tests, repairs, install and maintain various electrical systems and equipment.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment, and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Inspects and tests electrical equipment using testing equipment such as ammeter, ohmmeter, oscilloscope, and voltmeter.
- Replaces faulty switches, sockets and other elements of electrical systems.
- Inspects completed work to ensure conformance with all required local building and safety codes.
- Reads and interpret manuals, specifications and draPwings and install electrical components to architectural and code specifications.
- Performs other related duties as may be required.Qualifications:Education
•Must have a degree in Electronics and / or a minimum of 6+ years related work experience.
Experience • Must have a minimum of 8 years electrical repair experience, electronic technician / PLC Programmer with software experience.
• Electronics knowledge either from technical school training or extensive on the job training.
• Extensive knowledge of the installation, programming, debugging, and troubleshooting of programmable logic controllers and AC/ DC variable speed drives. Must have knowledge of test equipment and its proper usage
• Extensive knowledge of computer operating systems, installing, operating, and troubleshooting software programs. Familiarity with programmable controllers and programming.
• Strong understanding of industrial electrical systems; 3- phase, power, transformers, switchgear, uninterruptible power supplies, motor starters, etc.
• Experience in working with voltages from 5 VDC to 480 VAC.
Expertise in PLC:
• Strong understanding of and ability to use effectively some of the following software programs: Siemens, Allen Bradley, and ABB PLC systems. Must be capable of utilizing troubleshooting software programs to reduce equipment down time.
• Ability to work with variable speed AC and DC drives
• Must be able to work in a safe environment either alone or with others
• Bends and installs conduit.
• Be able to perform technical or electrical work.
• Occasional heavy lifting required, as well as working at high elevations.
• Must be dependable and punctual.
• Must be able to work nights and weekends.
• Work independently with limited supervision.
• Working knowledge of MS Office.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.