Analyst, Product Analytics & Experimentation, Peacock, DTC
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
NBCUniversal’s new direct-to-consumer streaming video service is seeking an analytics expert to help lead our product experimentation efforts. With the vast amount of content available on the NBCUniversal service, we will need a smart and capable individual to sift through large amounts of data, generate informed hypotheses, and test these ideas for statistical significance. The candidate should have deep experience with experimental design, A/B testing toolsets, and a programming language for data analysis (Python / R). This role will sit within the larger Decision Sciences team and will also partner with other business units including but not limited to: Data Science, Data Engineering, Marketing Analytics, Product, and Ad Sales.
The goal of the Decision Sciences team is to deliver and champion intelligent use of data that drives a best-in-class customer experience and fuels product growth. The Manager should be able to thrive in a collaborative working environment, gaining buy-in and support from other stakeholders across the organization.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:Assist in the execution A/B and multivariate tests with product team to test in-market optimization strategies that can lead to growth, engagement, and retention lossProactively perform data exploration on user behavior, creating segmentation analysis for further testing opportunitiesAnalyze product and user data to help with personalization, clustering, and targeting efforts to create the best product experience for customersPresent research on user behavior, product enhancements, and metrics development / methodology to team leadership.Create visualization, dashboards, and presentations that will evangelize our experimentation efforts, becoming a key voice in the discussion to enable better product features
• BS/BA in technical field: Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related certificate with significant technical work experience
• 2+ years of experience in an analytics or research role, with a proficiency in exploratory data analysis and visualization
• Proficiency of at least one programming language for data analysis (i.e. Python, R) and a relational database management system (i.e. MySQL, Oracle, etc.)
• Experience with A/B testing tools (such as Optimizely, Adobe Target, Apptimize), in the absence of this, mastery of experimental design and practical application of such techniques
• Working knowledge of a digital analytics platform (Adobe, Google) and audience targeting platforms (DMPs)
• Experience accessing data through a data warehouse system (i.e. AWS, Snowflake, BigQuery)
• Experience with Tableau, Looker, or other visualization software
• You are a great storyteller and communicator, and can build relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders
• Ability to work independently, multitask, and drive your own projects
• A passion for TV and movies and defining the future of entertainment.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate, collaborate and influence
• Ability to deliver on multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
• Self-driven, confident, resourceful, and resilient
• Ability to collaborate and work in partnership with different parts of the organization
Introducing Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies, exclusive originals, kids programming and current hits, with timely news, sports and pop culture. All together. All in one app.
In preparation for our launch in 2020, we are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.