Anchor, News Nightly
- Full Time
Want to make a difference using your God-given talent?
Imagine a career bringing the Eternal Word to millions around the globe!
Are you a professional looking to apply your skills and talents for a greater purpose? Would you like to work with a group of caring, passionate people on a mission? If you have newsroom broadcast experience and enjoy delivering high-quality newscasts, we want to talk to you!
The EWTN News Nightly Anchor works with the Senior Producer and the entire team to deliver a high-quality newscast from a Catholic perspective.
- Review and help write newscast including VOs, VOSOTs, and packages.
- With the help of the segment producer, prepare for discussion segments with experts and pundits on current events, Catholic issues and the intersection of the Catholic Social Teaching and public policy.
- Provide story ideas at daily editorial meetings.
- Collaborate with the team on the daily news cast, special segments, and holiday shows.
- Stay up to date on current events through newspapers, websites, and Catholic publications.
- Establish and maintain contacts and relationships within the Catholic community and beyond. This may include public appearances at relevant events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of broadcasting news experience, including previous anchoring experience.
- Excellent news judgment.
- Strong journalistic skills and ability to follow standard journalistic practices, particularly accuracy, honesty and integrity.
- General knowledge of multiplatform news gathering tools and resources, including social media (ability to engage audience on digital platforms in the public space).
- Practicing Catholic with demonstrated understanding of the Catholic faith and ability to apply to stories being covered.
- Strong on-air presentation - must be credible, personable, and passionate.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to perform well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Team player who works well with others.
- Familiarity with AP products.
- Flexibility on work schedule (some nights and weekends may be required) with the ability to travel as needed on short notice.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, or related field.
Benefits: Medical, dental, FSA, vision care, life insurance, short & long term disability, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off, and 10 paid holidays. EOE
Please submit cover letter including salary requirements and resume via email for consideration.
To learn more about EWTN and our mission, please visit our website at www.ewtn.com.