- Full Time
Want to make a difference using your God-given talent?
Imagine a career bringing the Eternal Word to millions around the globe!
Are you a professional looking to apply your skills and talents for a greater purpose? Would you like to work with a group of caring, passionate people on a mission? If you have newsroom broadcast experience and enjoy producing high-quality news packages, we want to talk to you!
The News Nightly Correspondent works with the Senior Producer and the entire team to gather, produce, and present daily news from a Catholic perspective.
- Gather, produce, and present news packages, VOs, VOSOTs, demonstrating knowledge of current events and public policy from a Catholic perspective.
- Pitch original story ideas at daily editorial meetings that examine the intersection of Catholic Social Teaching and public policy.
- Develop sources and contacts in Washington, D.C. and around the country.
- Collaborate with the editorial and technical teams to provide all appropriate elements for stories (i.e. photos, videos, and graphics).
- Use various social media platforms.
- Stay up to date on current events through newspapers, websites, and Catholic publications.
- Multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Establish and maintain relationships within the community. This may include public appearances and covering events of relevance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years’ broadcast news experience.
- Excellent news judgment.
- Strong journalistic skills and ability to follow standard journalistic practices, particularly accuracy, honesty and integrity.
- Applicable knowledge of multiplatform news gathering tools and resources, including social media (ability to engage audience on digital platforms in the public space).
- Practicing Catholic with demonstrated understanding of the Catholic faith and ability to apply to stories being covered.
- Strong on-air presentation - must be credible, personable and passionate.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to perform well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously with proper attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as work well within a team.
- Must embrace peer-to-peer feedback and constructive criticism designed to enhance performance.
- Familiarity with AP products.
- Flexibility on work schedule (some nights and weekends may be required) with the ability to travel as needed on short notice.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, or related field.
Benefits: Medical, dental, FSA, vision care, life insurance, short & long term disability, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off, and 10 paid holidays. EOE
Please submit cover letter including salary requirements and resume via email for consideration.
To learn more about EWTN and our mission, please visit our website at www.ewtn.com.