Junior Business Development Representative
- Full Time
Digiday, named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Media Companies, is looking for an energetic New Business Sales Representative to join its fast-growing team in NYC.
As a New Business Sales Representative, you will be responsible for selling Digiday, Modern Retail and Glossy event tickets to companies globally.
In this role, you will build relationships with new clients across the retail, media, marketing and technology sector to grow ticket sales.
This is a great full-time opportunity for someone interested in a fun, fast-paced and challenging sales environment.
We will provide you the opportunity to make contributions immediately, while developing the skills and knowledge to be successful in the long-term.
How you’ll spend your time:
- Managing, maintaining and converting a realistic pipeline of opportunities based on revenue goals.
- Grow and expand relationships with new clients.
- Landing calls with new prospects and current clients.
- Identify untapped verticals and craft outreach to potential new clients.
- Engage in weekly team meetings to discuss and share approaches and challenges
- Weekly one-on-one meetings with VP of Growth and Inside Sales to fine-tune your approach to winning business.
- Following your client list through the industry press and social media to stay on top of all activations and opportunities.
- Reporting and fulfillment of duties as specified by management, including updating Netsuite for account contact and pipeline opportunities.
What we’re looking for:
- 1-3 years of sales experience at an agency or publisher, with experience selling tickets, print, digital or other types of inventory.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with decision makers at brands and agencies, including advertising and marketing technology platforms.
- Experience with Netsuite or other tools to manage client and prospect pipeline.
- An understanding of the digital media and marketing industry, including familiarity with advertising and marketing technology.
- Self-motivated individual who can work beyond basic goals to achieve strategic objectives and, yes, hit their numbers, but also sell through work and build relationships the company can be proud of.
- Full-time presence at the Digiday office.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.