Producer (News Programming)
- Full Time
Want to make a difference using your God-given talent?
Imagine a career bringing the Eternal Word to millions around the globe!
Are you a professional looking to apply your skills and talents for a greater purpose? Would you like to work with a group of caring, passionate people on a mission? If you have newsroom broadcast experience and enjoy producing high-quality programming, we want to talk to you!
The Producer will work with the Executive Producer and Host to launch a new, weekly program to discuss major events, ideas, and currents of thought involving the Catholic Church, politics, and the wider culture.
- Work with the executive producer, the host and the entire team to produce a weekly discussion show that is engaging, interesting, and helps shape public opinion.
- Identify relevant topics of discussion and pitch show topics to the editorial team. Contribute ideas to editorial meetings about upcoming shows.
- Write broadcast copy, gather video and graphic elements, and produce show.
- Use Associated Press products including the wires and video platforms. Use CNN Newsource.
- Work with videographers and editors.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in broadcast or print journalism, politics, communications or a related field.
- Demonstrated understanding of Catholicism, the Magisterium, and Catholic Social Teaching.
- Excellent news judgment when it comes to the intersection of Catholicism, public policy and discourse.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to break down complex information into simple, broadcast language to engage viewers.
- Experience utilizing broadcast software programs (i.e., iNews, AP ENPS).
- Excellent broadcast writing and communication skills, including social media skills.
- Collaborate easily within a team and work well independently.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, or related field.
Benefits: Medical, dental, FSA, vision care, life insurance, short & long term disability, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off, and 10 paid holidays. EOE
Please submit cover letter including salary requirements and resume via email for consideration.
To learn more about EWTN and our mission, please visit our website at www.ewtn.com.