Booker-Researcher (News Programming)
- Full Time
Want to make a difference using your God-given talent?
Imagine a career bringing the Eternal Word to millions around the globe!
Are you a professional looking to apply your skills and talents for a greater purpose? Would you like to work with a group of caring, passionate people on a mission? If you have newsroom broadcast experience and enjoy booking high-quality programming, we want to talk to you!
Under the direction of the Executive Producer, the Booker/Researcher will book high-profile guests for a weekly long-format show and research/screen guests as appropriate.
- Cultivate a relationship with potential guests, PR firms and government officials in a professional manner.
- Book and research high-profile guests and conduct telephone interviews under the guidance of the executive producer.
- Maintain and build upon existing database of contacts.
- Accompany guests in and out of the EWTN studio.
- Manage the calendar of Catholic, political and cultural events that could be a venue for topics/guests.
- Communicate with the executive producer about potential topics/events.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in a newsroom.
- Superior organizational & time management skills with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to represent EWTN in a professional and engaging manner.
- Excellent news judgment.
- Practicing Catholic with in-depth knowledge of the Catholic Church and relevant topics.
- A passion for Catholicism and current events. Contacts and networking within the Catholic community helpful.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when necessary.
- Familiarity with Microsoft products (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel) and AP news software (ENPS preferred). Experience with databases helpful.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Political Science or related field.
Benefits: Medical, dental, FSA, vision care, life insurance, short & long term disability, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off, and 10 paid holidays. EOE
Please submit cover letter including salary requirements and resume via email for consideration.
To learn more about EWTN and our mission, please visit our website at www.ewtn.com.