Editorial Assistant, Ballantine
Founded in 1925, Random House is the proud publishing house of the world’s most acclaimed storytellers, thought leaders, and innovators. Our host of imprints—including Ballantine, Bantam, Broadway, Crown, Currency, Convergent, Delacorte, Del Rey, The Dial Press, Forum, Hogarth, Image, The Modern Library, One World, Random House, and Tim Duggan Books—publish original fiction and nonfiction in all formats with the mission to entertain, educate and inspire readers for generations.
We are currently seeking an Assistant to join Ballantine’s editorial team. The position provides an opportunity to support two Executive Editors within Random House. The ideal candidate should have a strong interest in commercial fiction (upmarket women’s fiction, sci-fi/fantasy, and suspense), and will be able to efficiently manage a diverse set of responsibilities.
* Evaluating manuscripts and proposals
* Assisting with the coordination of the editorial and production process
* Writing catalog/flap copy
* Acting as a liaison between authors/agents and the editorial department
Additional requirements we are looking for include:
* A strong writer who has a broad reading sensibility
* Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize in a high volume environment
* Ability to pay close attention to detail
* Strong communication skills, both verbal & written
* Strong interpersonal skills, & ability to multi-task successfully
* Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
Salary for this position is $40,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program, please include your cover letter and resume.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.