Associate Branded Content Editor
- Full Time
Leaf Group is looking for an Associate Branded Content Editor to help produce dynamic content for our advertisers across our premium brands Well+Good, Hunker, and LIVESTRONG from our New York City office.
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach dedicated audiences in the ever-growing lifestyle categories.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for an Associate Branded Content Editor grows with us.
You’ll Report To: Director, Content + Strategy
A typical day as an Associate Branded Content Editor might include:
- Alternating between writing and editing custom articles, dedicated emails, social media copy, and ad banner copy for sponsored content
- Addressing client copy revisions and dictating courteous and persuasive responses to clients when necessary
- Communicating with clients on campaign kick-off calls
- Working closely with multiple teams to keep content timelines on track and ensuring high standards of quality
- Participating in concept brainstorms for upcoming campaigns when necessary
- Potentially appearing in branded photo or video shoots for custom content featuring our editors as well as occasionally writing first-person branded essays
You’ll be successful if you are creative, detail-oriented, and hyper organized with a journalistic background. The Associate Branded Content Editor will work with multiple parties across our Brand Partnerships team to create premium content that feels fresh, innovative, and organic to our brands.
What You Have:
- 2–3+ years writing and editing experience in a branded, editorial, or copywriting capacity (branded content experience preferred)
- Editing experience (not just writing experience)
- Familiarity with wellness and home brands (and a passion for both scenes!)
- Strong interest in developing great sponsored content (not just editorial writing)
- Ability to think journalistically and apply an editorial lens to brands’ key objectives
- Discerning and detail-oriented eye to stay on top of legal guidelines, different brand voices, and editorial best practices
- No shortage of new and interesting ideas, and ability to keep copy fresh and differentiated
- Experience writing social media copy (Instagram, Facebook)
- Great organizational skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Keen ability to meet hard deadlines and keep track of multiple campaigns
- Familiarity with content and project management systems (Asana a plus!) as well as PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Desire and enthusiasm for taking on new tasks and wearing many hats
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- eHow is the 2019 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.