The NBCU Skycastle Digital Studio creates engaging and compelling custom content programs that deliver brand messaging within the standards of journalistic greatness and award-winning entertainment that NBC & Telemundo readers demand. As part of this team, the Associate Editor will specialize in ideating and articulating content strategies in response to client RFPs. This role focuses on pre-sales as well as well as being a primary contributor for NBCU Owned Stations post-sales needs. Responsibilities:Work in collaboration with Sales, Creative and Production teams across NBC and Telemundo Owned Television Stations (OTS) to assess program objectives, brainstorm ideas to develop clear, compelling, 360-degree content strategy plans that align with client goalsWrite and publish multiple sponsored articles in English or Spanish for clients per week, with an ability to create engaging stories that resonate with the OTS audience (moving up)Effectively communicate concepts, ideas and rationale to clients and internal and external project stakeholdersCreate sharp, intelligent long- and short-form copy for RFP response decks including headlines, program titles and social media promotionWork on several campaigns at once, managing proposal deadlines sometimes under pressure and often to strict schedule requirementsTrack success of sponsored content programs, topics and formats, compile statistics and provide recommendations for future programsEffectively promote Native campaigns across our Social media Brand Studio accountsKeep up to date with content marketing and native advertising trends in order to follow and surpass sponsored content best practices
- Must be a prolific writer in both Spanish and English with the ability to write strong, clear copy in a variety of styles with accurate spelling and grammar
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and 3+ years of paid content creation experience or journalism experience, ideally in a full-time writing or editing position with a news publisher or agency
- Outstanding writer with experience in digital, social media, mobile, video and live event platforms, the ability to translate complex technical material into engaging reader-facing language
- Self-motivated researcher with a passion for interactive and immersive storytelling and a passion for uncovering surprising data and colourful details
- Ability to work independently, prioritize effectively and manage multiple projects in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- HTML and CSS skills a plus
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.