Sr. Manager, Device Partnerships, Peacock, Direct-to-Consumer (NY)
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Identify new and manage existing marketing partnerships with Telco/MVPDs, OEMs and Mobile Operators. Understand trends in sectors, consumer behavior, competitors and technology to identify emerging opportunities.Partner with Business Development and Digital Enterprise teams to bring partnerships from deal close through product launch, including requirements gathering, partner integration and building a launch marketing plan.Scale, nurture, and optimize partnerships beyond launch, identifying incremental, mutually beneficial opportunities to grow the partnership with a focus on building a marketing roadmap that drives growth and engagement of NBCU’s D2C service.Build global marketing programs as well as lead campaign execution that target specific customer cohorts, viewing behaviors, and product features specific to each partner; accountable for campaign development, approvals, and performance tracking.Manage media spend and improve efficiency through the right mix of partners and marketing channels by leveraging learnings from prior media investments.Engage NBCU D2C teams – Acquisition, Engagement, PR, Brand Marketing, Strategy, Product, Ad Sales, Technology Finance, Legal, Operations – to communicate and implement partnerships.Lead team in tracking, forecasting and communicating performance of partnerships.Work with Decision Science team to develop performance analysis (tools, reports, team) on indicators such as conversion rate, cost, new customer volume, lifetime value, and share learnings to drive improvement and recommend renewals.
Meet Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new, wildly entertaining streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies with timely news, sports and pop-culture.
We’re growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture. We need fearless leaders and pop-culture fiends who work hard and fan hard. Creative problem-solvers who just so happen to be the reigning champs at Parks & Rec trivia night. So if this sounds like you, join our flock. And we promise, we won’t put your stapler in Jell-O.
The Sr Manager, Device Partnerships will report into the VP of Marketing Partnerships for NBCU’s D2C streaming service and will be responsible for discovering, signing and managing marketing distribution partnerships with Telco, OEMs and Mobile Operators. Additionally, the role will involve developing and executing the end to end partner program (commercial, product, marketing, operational aspects); planning, analyzing and improving partnership performance.This is a high profile, cross-functional role with touch points across NBCU’s D2C product and the wider NBCU business including Brand Marketing, Product, Technology, Finance and Operations.
• 6+ years of experience in partner facing role
• Prior experience working with major Telco/MVPDs, OEMs and Mobile Operators
• Solid marketing and brand experience within media and entertainment industry
• Familiarity with negotiating, understanding, and enforcing contracts
• MBA preferred
• Highly strategic and experienced in leading cross-functional teams to orchestrate, collaborate, and successfully seize opportunities
• Marketing expertise in the digital space with creative mindset
• Analytical skills, with the ability to build business cases, analyze data, and debate financial models with senior stakeholders
• Excellent communication skills, confident in managing, influencing and growing relationships with stakeholders internally and externally
• Marketing, commercial, strategic and technical mind-set with strong attention to detail
• Sound business judgment and ability to prioritize and triage partner-related issues, solution-find, and effectively motivate internal and external stakeholders to work towards a common goal
• A good understanding of the OTT or ecommerce market
• Strong knowledge of elements to launch partnerships: proposition development, marketing channels, commercial models, operational mechanics
• Organized and structured, ability to reliably deliver on plans and forecasts is critical
• Collegial, high energy, and persistent personality, and excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
• Comfort with a fast-paced, always-on, start-up environment
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Excellent communication skills
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.