- Full Time
Want to make a difference using your God-given talent?
Imagine a career bringing the Eternal Word to millions around the globe!
Are you a professional looking to apply your skills and talents for a greater purpose? Would you like to work with a group of caring, passionate people on a mission? If you have newsroom broadcast experience and enjoy producing high-quality news segments, we want to talk to you!
The Associate Producer will work with the Producer and the entire EWTN News Nightly editorial team to produce content with a strict deadline for a daily newscast.
- Produce segments on national/international news that help viewers to understand the day’s news from a Catholic perspective.
- Contribute to a lively, fast-paced newscast that includes news packages, voice overs, and discussion segments.
- Act as fill-in line producer when needed.
- Assist in writing scripts for newscast and TV news brief.
- Assist in producing Rome/Vatican content.
- Produce engaging content for broadcast and digital platforms.
- Work with editors to facilitate production.
- Watch and log video and sound for various events.
- Communicate with production crew about executing the newscast.
- Review and pull video for stories (packages and VOs) and monitor AP wires.
- Assist in content for social media.
- Visualize and order graphics.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in TV broadcast news, producing newscasts in medium or large markets.
- Possess solid news judgement and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to visually and creatively tell a story and engage viewers using graphics and other elements.
- Experience utilizing broadcast software programs (i.e., iNews, AP ENPS).
- Excellent broadcast writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Collaborate easily within a team and also work well independently.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Catholic Faith and EWTN’s mission.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends/nights when required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, or related field.
Benefits: Medical, dental, FSA, vision care, life insurance, short & long term disability, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off, and 10 paid holidays. EOE
Please submit cover letter including salary requirements and resume via email for consideration.
To learn more about EWTN and our mission, please visit our website at www.ewtn.com.