Dutton is seeking an Associate Marketing Director to develop and execute marketing campaigns for a list of award-winning and bestselling books. The ideal candidate is someone who reads widely, who communicates clearly, who can work independently, and who is passionate about connecting writers with readers. Dutton is a boutique imprint that publishes both fiction and nonfiction bestselling authors including Lisa Gardner, Tami Hoag, Fiona Davis, Riley Sager, Sean Carroll, Nick Offerman, Craig Unger, Carl Zimmer, and Alex Kershaw among many others.
The Associate Marketing Director:
* Develops, implements, and analyzes creative marketing campaigns for frontlist and backlist titles
* Collaborates with authors and agents to most effectively market their titles
* Works directly with ad contacts and our internal design department to develop creative ad campaigns
* Leverages Consumer Insights and analytics for targeting and messaging
* Gathers data and insights from digital ad campaigns on a monthly basis for post-mortem analysis
* Identifies current marketplace trends and ways to leverage backlist based on those trends
* Communicates with the sales, editorial, and publicity teams to leverage data findings into sales opportunities
* Provides sales strategy and support for sell-in of individual titles
* Helps provide direction for the social media strategy for platforms and titles including post-mortem ad analytics
* Assists authors with the development of their online/social media platforms
* Supervises marketing coordinator
* Helps manage annual marketing budget
* Minimum five years prior experience in marketing (book marketing preferred)
* Experience working on creative and strategic campaigns
* Ability to work with people at all levels
* Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team
* Knowledge of digital marketing tools, such as: Facebook Business Manager/Audience Insights, Google Analytics, etc.
* Strong knowledge of social media platforms
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
To apply, please email resume, cover letter, and salary requirement to via our online application system.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.