Email Specialist/Writer (Washington, D.C; Montgomery, AL)
- Full Time
Reporting to the Email Manager, this position will play a key role in communicating SPLC’s work and position on issues to donors, supporters, and activists through email. Keeping these constituencies up to date with SPLC’s work and financially supportive is crucial for accomplishing organizational goals.
This posting is for one position that can be located in any of the following locations Montgomery, AL or Washington D.C.
Primary Job Functions:
- Write emails including: membership renewals, special fundraising appeals, weekly e-newsletter, up to the minute updates of breaking SPLC news, commentaries on current events, and calls to action to supporters;
- Set up and QA emails and email landing pages;
- Track and create reports of donations made through the SPLC website, and make actionable suggestions for improving online marketing;
- Devise and execute A/B tests for emails, landing pages and social media;
- Create and manage the outbound email calendar;
- Ensure integrity of internet related contact information and preferences in donor database;
- Devise constituent engagement strategies; and
- Stay informed about current events as they relate to our donors and subscribers.
- Experience in contributing to or managing a fundraising-based email program, preferably in a campaign, political, or non-profit organization;
- Proficiency with CSS, HTML — must be able to make code changes to SPLC donation pages and email templates;
- Familiarity with a donor CMS and online fundraising tools; and
- Excellent email writing and editing skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional communications skills, including clear, concise writing and ability to frame complex issues for supporters and public;
- Exceptional editing and writing skills, including ad, email, social and web content;
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice
Other Special Considerations:
This job is performed under general office conditions and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
An Equal-Opportunity Employer with a Commitment to Diversity
Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and as an organization committed to diversity and the perspective of all voices, we consider applicants equally of race, gender, gender identity, color, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability, political affiliation, national origin, or prior record of arrest or conviction.