Digital Media Operations Manager, Cox Business Digital Sales & Marketing
- Full Time
The Digital Media Operations Manager of CB Digital Sales & Marketing is a bridge between internal and external stakeholders for theseree purposes:
1. being the operational lead responsible for digital media and campaign asset management between Cox Communications, media agencies, and creative agencies
2. being the primary interface with the internal Senior Marketing Manager of Media and external agencies to shepherd their media measurement and optimization strategies
3. overseeing media and 3rd party tagging requirements via Tealium, including the setup and execution, quality assurance, and troubleshooting
4. partnering with Residential Digital Marketing and Sales and 3rd party vendors/consultants to coordinate strategies to leverage and execute scalable people-based targeting capabilities via DMPs, 3rd party data onboarders, and direct database matching in digital media, marketing, and CoxBusiness.com plans and results
5. being an analytics resource driving reporting and insights from Cox’s reporting interface (mostly Adobe Analytics)
This role is pivotal to helping Cox achieve optimal business results by ensuring efficient coordination of Cox’s digital marketing campaigns from creative to execution in the digital mediums and reporting on the results of campaigns and initiatives. To be successful, you'll need to demonstrate a bias for action and attention to detail in managing internal and external agencies and partners, operational and campaign tactics, short term projects and daily marketing campaigns across multiple business units. Strong communication and analytical thinking skills are also necessary to have the right level of impact and influence.
Plans, develops, and executes integrated, multi-tactical marketing programs designed to (1) produce customer and revenue growth, and (2) improve current customer retention. Generates sales leads for all sales channels (call center, web commerce, local outside sales, indirect sales) utilizing digital campaigns either independently or as a component of a fully integrated campaign including traditional (non-digital) marketing tactics to expand market share and increase revenue. Reports on individual online campaign efforts and initiatives.
This person will project manage digital media and marketing operations via Cox’s partner agencies. The individual will be a primary interface between Cox’s digital marketing and sales team and multiple internal Cox sales and marketing partners including the small business current customer and acquisition marketing teams, enterprise industry verticals team, new business ventures team, social media team, and the branding team. Part of the responsibilities will include relationship management with our partner agencies managing creative, placement, and results analysis.
Digital media operations responsibilities include:
1. Manage Relationships - manages relationships between internal Cox teams, agency partners, and core marketing technology partners to implement digital programs that drive overall Cox goals and strategies as well as identify areas of opportunity to drive added revenue
2. Setup and Execution - manage and coordinate the digital media matrix and digital ad trafficking between creative agency, media agency, and internal Cox teams
3. Quality Assurance - ensure campaigns flighted by campaign launch date and report back with visual samples of creative live and in market
4. Tag Management - oversee media and 3rd party tagging requirements via Tealium, including setup and execution, quality assurance, and troubleshooting
5. Dynamic Creative Tool - oversee the dynamic creative tool (currently Flashtalking) logic, set up, and success KPIs
6. Campaign Management - oversee campaign management and performance by aligning media campaigns by marketing segments with both direct database management and data management platform (“DMP”)
7. Retargeting - oversee retargeting logic set up and maintenance across media partners as well as manage integrations with SalesForce.com/Pardot, DMPs, and other third-party data sources
Performance, optimizations, and insights responsibilities include:
8. Campaign Development - implement and assist with the development of strategic and tactical marketing programs by customer segments to attain revenue, net gain and margin contribution goals
9. Performance Monitoring - analyze and report on the online media campaign performance by target segment and partner to optimize relationship growth and maximize revenue generation
10. Audience Performance - coordinate segment level reporting across media and CoxBusiness.com that demonstrates core segment performance
11. Targeting Strategy - define and execute optimal approach of segmentation and targeting across CoxBusiness.com, digital media (display, online radio, online video), email, and paid search
12. Multi-touch Attribution - parnetshipdevelop a digital multi-touch attribution strategy and MTA reporting as critical input to media placement and investment strategy and execution
13. Cross-device Targeting - develop a cross-device strategy unifying all devices and customer targeting by technology enablers and advancements
14. Reporting & Presentations - implement and assist with the development of strategic and tactical analytics reports (mostly coming from Adobe Analytics); review and provide input for creation of reports, charts, presentation and timelines in support of department or business operations. Conduct meetings and presentations
15. Analytical Insights – translate data, analytical findings and trends to identify opportunities and business recommendations that drive customer growth and digital conversion rate optimization
Database management platform (DMP) responsibilities include:
16. Develop Online Database Strategy - develop, implement, and manage Cox’s online database strategy, including DMPs, 3rd Party Data On-boarders, current advertising partners, CoxBusiness.com integrations, and other Adobe marketing technologies
17. Audience Management - coordinate direct database list pulls and reports on match rates by partner
18. Database Integrations – manage offline/online data aggregation, audience development, and DMP integrations with media, CoxBusiness.com and analytics
1. 5+ years of related work experience (online, sales, marketing, etc.); 3+ years of experience if candidate possesses related advanced degree
2. 2+ years of online sales and marketing experience focused on online campaign management and tactic creation, digital marketing, mobile marketing, social media marketing, online video, and other online centric mediums
3. 3+ years of experience coordinating/managing agency relationships
4. Experience and thorough understanding of online marketing tactics and creative development across all device types (handheld mobile devices, tablets, desktop/laptop, etc.)
5. Experience with website user design and user experience flows
6. Experience with DMPs (data management platforms) to strategize campaigns and optimize media targeting and placement
7. Experience and thorough understanding of digital KPIs and success measurements (dot com metrics, paid search, digital display, remarketing, video pre-roll/broadband tv, paid social media)
8. Demonstrated problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
9. Excellent math and logical skills with ability to identify trends, analyze data, and extract actionable insights
10. Familiarity with residential and business markets
11. Strong sales stimulation and campaign management skills required
12. Strong sales/marketing relationship building skills required
13. Must be able to work independently with minimal guidance
14. Track record of driving increased results performance
15. Excellent communication and people skills required
16. Successful experience in a fast-paced, action-oriented, attention to detail organization and workflows
17. BA/BS degree in a related discipline strongly preferred (online, sales, marketing, advertising, etc.)
18. Cable/telecommunications experience
19. Business-to-business marketing and sales experience
20. Willingness and ability to learn SQL, Tableau, Alteryx and other technical tools
21. Awareness and understanding of digital marketing and mobile apps, CRM and marketing automation, Content Management Systems, as well as web analytical tools, e.g. Salesforce.com, Pardot, Adobe Marketing Cloud, Adobe Analytics, Unica, Eloqua, etc.
22. Ability to recommend additional tools and associated software
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.