Senior Marketing Research Analyst
- Full Time
Cox Automotive is currently hiring a Senior Marketing Research Analyst to join our Marketing team in Atlanta.
The Senior Marketing Research Analyst (Research & Market Intelligence) is responsible for executing primary research projects that impact corporate strategy and decision-making. This person is responsible for the research consultation and design, project workflow process, resource and vendor management, program and demand management processes – working with the Client Service Team to rationalize business priorities. He/She will be responsible for managing vendor relationships for both qualitative and quantitative projects respectively. This person will be responsible for data aggregation and analysis and the synthesis of insights into actionable deliverables.
This position reports to the Manager, Research & Market Intelligence team
(R&MI) in the Marketing department.
- Define, plan, organize, monitor and oversee project in
accordance to business requirements, objectives and priorities.
- Manage the project life-cycle and prioritization process for studies that you’re assigned
- Utilize a variety of quantitative research methodologies (online surveys, telephone interviews, ethnographies, etc.).
- Creation of request for proposal (RFP), as necessary.
- Analyze risks, establish contingency plan and identify trigger events for initiating action and mitigating complications.
- Proactively manage change to baseline scope, schedule and cost variables, communicating impacts and facilitating decisions.
- Integrate data with other research results (qualitative or quantitative), secondary information, other internal data or business KPIs as appropriate.
- Deliver defined project output to Client Services team on time, within budget and with quality assurance.
- Works/solves problems of complex scope where analysis
of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Provide quality-assurance review support to other members of the team as needed
- Help implement Research Center of Excellence processes
and operational best practices.
- Establish and maintain a tight working partnership with
the Research & Market Intelligence (Client Services) team.
- Produce and maintain appropriate project documentation
for all research initiatives managed by the Research COE team and across the department.
- Manage vendor evaluation and management efforts, including but not limited to vendor capabilities assessment, contract
negotiations and ongoing vendor review efforts.
- Proactively stay abreast of latest research approaches,
methodologies and trends (including participation in research industry and Research association events) – providing regular updates to Research team at large.
- BS/BA in related discipline OR an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience. (MBA, MMR or other advanced degree a plus.)
- Generally 3 years of primary research experience with B2B and B2C qualitative and quantitative primary research methods including, but not limited to: Advertising Research; Brand Positioning & Tracking Research; Naming Research; Concept-testing, A/B site testing; Needs-state Research; Ethnographic Research; Segmentation ;Attitudes and Usage studies; Key Drivers
- Automotive experience preferred but not essential
- Vendor-side experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Big picture context – broader, bigger brand implications
- Distill data/information into a concise story, with the ability to creatively tell the story through visuals
- Experience in writing and managing business requirements, project plans, communication plans and other project documentation
- Strong MS Office skills required, with strong Excel and PowerPoint skills deemed essential
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.