The reporter will cover breaking news and enterprise for CNBC.com
’s website and app. They respond quickly to news as it breaks, working under direction from news editors and coordinating with the newsroom at large to make sure CNBC’s coverage is accurate, fast and informative.
Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:Writing in-depth news analysis and breaking news on a range of personal finance-focused topicsStaying ahead of personal finance trends (i.e. retirement, health care, student loans, social security, cryptocurrency)
• A Bachelor's degree or comparable experience
• Working knowledge of financial and/or business news content
• At least 3 years of experience reporting in a digital newsroom
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and work under deadline pressure
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to work independently
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, where perks include free shuttle transportation, free on-site gym, dry cleaning/shoe shine services, full-service cafeteria and more!
• PLEASE NOTE: This is a short-term position, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
• Candidates should be accurate, fast and cool under pressure
• An interest in business and finance journalism is key, as is experience in writing breaking news
• An obsession with AP style and light photo-editing skills help, too
• Willingness to learn new technologies
• Ideal candidates will be highly organized and accurate by nature
• Wall Street/financial background is also a plus
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, and CNBC World, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to 410 million homes worldwide, including more than 90 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC Digital delivers more than 55 million U.S. multi-platform unique visitors each month. CNBC.com provides real-time financial market news and information to CNBC’s investor audience. CNBC Make It is a digital destination focused on making you smarter about how you earn, save and spend your money by zeroing in on careers, leadership, entrepreneurship and personal finance.
CNBC has a vast portfolio of digital products, offering CNBC content to a variety of platforms such as: CNBC.com; CNBC PRO, a premium service that provides in-depth access to Wall Street; a suite of CNBC mobile apps for iOS and Android devices; Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice interfaces; and streaming services including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Samsung Smart TVs.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.