Content & Copy Strategist
- Full Time
City & State is New York’s source for the latest in politics and policy, providing in-depth coverage directly from the personalities who inform the news cycle. Our products are read by the most influential leaders across the state and our premier events bring together key influencers.
The newly-established digital marketing team is looking for a Content & Copy Strategist to take on copywriting responsibilities, contributing to the content calendar which cuts across social media, email and paid ads. They will support the day-to-day execution of the content calendar, mainly responsible for the framing, message segmentation and that assets are delivered in a timely manner for each platform.
This highly cross-functional role reports directly to the Digital Marketing Director and you will collaborate across our editorial and events teams. We’re looking for individuals who are passionate about events, news and politics, excited about audience engagement, and eager to contribute new ideas that help shape the digital department at City & State.
Key Project: Copy for event builds and evergreen marketing efforts.
- Work cross-departmentally to produce copy for digital marketing campaigns.
- Manage evergreen content and event builds on social media platforms.
- Report on performance across major channels, including which messages work with which audiences.
- Support team in identifying opportunities for high-impact digital engagement through all our channels.
- Contribute to a culture of continuous, data-driven learning and evaluation.
- Pitch content ideas and potential campaigns.
- Has experience creating campaign content and assets which live on multiple platforms.
- Experience with Sprout Social and managing a campaign content calendar.
- Can write persuasively and boil complex topics into a single sentence.
- Has an opinion on what works online and can point to examples to back it up.
- Excellent grammar skills, grammar snobs are encouraged to apply.