Work at home or from anywhere in the world.
We are a small trade magazine publishing and exhibition representation company.
Although we have an office in Bangkok, Thailand, much of our key sales, editorial, and design personnel are located in North America.
We are looking for an experienced Managing Editor to take responsibility for an established bi-monthly trade magazine covering the global coffee and tea industries. The main product is print media, and it is supplemented with an e-magazine and website.
Knowledge of the coffee and tea industries is a big plus but not essential, what is key is the ability to write quickly and manage editorial content from correspondents. Also important is a keenness to get involved within the industry, go to events on a quarterly basis, and network and build relationships.
You should have a minimum of 7 years' editorial experience, with a good portion of this in B2B/trade magazines.
· Developing editorial content for each issue;
· Writing 2-3 features per issue;
· Working closely with Contributors/Freelancers for much of the content;
· Working closely with the Art Director and Sales Directors;
· Representing the company at external functions, events and/or meetings, and on possible overseas trips;
· Building relationships with key individuals in the industry and with readers;
Experience / skills required:
· Excellent journalism skills – research, writing, and editing;
· You will be a conscientious writer/editor with a great eye for detail. Your copy should be accurate and grammatically correct;
· Ability to rework copy for publication in print media, quickly and efficiently;
· Strong communication and organisational skills.
Desirable but not essential:
· Experience of and contacts within the coffee and/or tea industries;
· :Public speaking experience;
· Knowledge of coffee and tea business and/or understanding of manufacturing, trading, trends and technology.
The bi-monthly format for the Managing Editor position entails basically a part-time position; the key candidate will probably have other freelance projects to supplement their income. There may be other possibilities related to editorial within the company which could supplement the contracted income which can be discussed.
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com by Nov 1.
You can visit www.stir-tea-coffee.com for more information and to view the e-magazine.
(Note: ignore the "Portland" location – Media Bistro requires a "location" but we put our magazine together in the cloud from around the world.)