Manager, Digital Operations
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Manage operational-related initiatives and support for desktop, mobile web, app and other distributed and emerging platformsManage and inspire a team of operations, video, and quality assurance coordinatorsPartner with business stakeholders and interface with project leads and engineering to identify and define product / fix requirementsLeverage analytics to make data driven decisions, establishing project KPIs and measuring post-launch successEstablish acceptance criteria and sign off on all developed products prior to launchManage external vendors as related to product initiativesSupport digital live events, product launchesOversee support of ad infrastructure and ad technology on digital platformsManage communication with content teams (editorial, social, video, etc.) to intake technology requests, troubleshoot issues, and coordinate digital platform maintenances Collaborate with product, content, and development groups to conceive holistic solutions to technical issues and streamline daily operations Integrate technical and editorial SEO recommendations into existing workflowsMaintain the JIRA Operations Backlog of technical issues and requestsExecute daily operational tasks, monitor third party platforms, and provide weekly updates to stakeholders Create training materials and conduct training session for internal users in managing the siteSome weekend and late-night/early morning hours and remote coverage will be required for web operations and deployment requirements
We’re looking for a solutions oriented individual who enjoys diving into issues and figuring out creative solutions. The Digital Operations Team supports Editorial, Technology, Ad Sales, Research, Development, and International Teams across our owned & operated and distributed digital platforms. You should be proactive, a seasoned thought leader, and a strong communicator. As the Senior Operations Manager at E! News, a division of NBCUniversal, you will be responsible for supporting cross-functional business units and various initiatives across the digital portfolio. You are the solutions expert when Product is implementing new ad units on the site. You are the curator of the digital schedule during Oscars and other Red Carpet events. You lead our SEO efforts and effectively and proactively know when Google News is breaking and have a plan for how we should tackle it. You are the communication hub for Editors, Product Owners and Developers for code releases, outages and other major events. You are the go-to person for training new employees in the department. As the Senior Operations Manager for Digital Operations, you oversee a dynamic team to accomplish all of this and more.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• BA or BS and a minimum of 5 years of digital experience developing multi-platform consumer experiences
• Deep understanding of the digital landscape, market forces and the ability to set a clear product vision for the business
• Broad technical experience with desktop, mobile web, mobile app and emerging platforms
• Understanding of SEO best practices and implementation strategies
• Experience working with ad integrations on digital platforms
• General knowledge of video workflows including transcoding, metadata and player technology
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to deliver under tight deadlines
• Proven success managing an operations team
• Solutions-oriented and have ability to innovate
• Experience with JIRA or other similar ticketing system
• Excellent written and communication skills, and the ability to influence stakeholders
• Proven ability to make smart and fast trade-offs plus experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions of business value
• Willingness to roll up the sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet goals and deadlines
• Superior analytical skills, including strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems
• Proficient with MS Office software (Power Point, Excel, Word, Visio, Outlook)
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Exceptionally strong communication skills and the ability to articulate a clear POV
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #51902BR)
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
E! is the only global, multiplatform brand for all things entertainment, pop culture and lifestyle. We eat, sleep and breathe pop culture, delivering exclusive breaking news and in-depth celebrity coverage, red carpet livestreams, TV scoop, lifestyle trends and tips, and what's trending in pop culture now. E! News' innovative, original video production capabilities include our Emmy-nominated E! Live 360 red carpet app experience; the first fully-produced and popular show for Snapchat, The Rundown; engaging, informative and fun Instastories on Instagram; and a lineup of studio-based productions created for social platforms like Facebook and Twitter Live. Our linear TV shows E! News and Daily Pop air in more than 150 countries, with 110 million viewers worldwide in 26 languages.
E! News is the leading daily pop culture show, featuring the biggest and most-talked about stories of the day. Hosted by Jason Kennedy and Giuliana Rancic, E! News covers the day’s hottest topics in pop culture and entertainment in a fast-paced, social and entertaining way tailored to a young, hyper-connected audience. Airing in more than 160 countries, E! News boasts the youngest and most affluent viewership and is the only truly cross platform pop culture brand with a monthly reach of 80MM+ people across linear and digital in the U.S. alone, and over a billion engagements per month.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.