Director, Trade Marketing
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
MonetizationSales Collateral and Materials: Work with team in creating, developing and managing the Portfolio sales materials: sales presentations (base and customized), sales videos, one-sheets, calendars, online media kit, email blasts, etc.Internal Communication/Facilitation: Act as the central point of contact for inbound marketing requests across the Agency Partnerships, Client Partnerships and Direct to Scale teams and liaise with all appropriate internal groups (Creative Partnerships, Programming, Production, Digital, Research, Pricing/Planning, Consumer Marketing, Corporate Communications, etc.) to facilitate efficient and transparent communication.Results Reporting and Renewals: Manage and oversee the post-sell process (recap presentations, research, videos, etc.) to showcase program results.ManagementEffectively manage and mentor immediate team of 2+ peopleWork closely with VP and HR to develop and coordinate internal training plan for all members of the teamWork closely with other members of Trade Marketing teams to efficiently manage seamless and effective communication plantsDevelop and manage relationships with internal teams as well as external industry-facing organizations and conference leadIdeate compelling events and activations (multiple throughout the year) to demonstrate and deliver on NBCU strategic priorities and brand propositions in an endemic manner
The Director, Trade Marketing will lead and manage NBCUniversal’s marketing efforts to increase national sales across the entire portfolio while working closely with the NBCUniversal Portfolio stakeholders, inclusive of Client Partnerships, Agency Partnerships and Direct to Scale teams.
Reporting to the Vice President of Trade Marketing, this position will manage 2+ sales marketing positions ranging from Managers, Specialists, Associates, Pages and Interns.
• Minimum of 7 years of leadership experience with an ad agency, client or media company sales organization, where the individual was responsible for developing and executing events, presentations, sponsorships, creative and promotions; overall project management, branding efforts and team management.
• Previous experience of national and international advertising industry conferences strongly preferred
• Highly-organized team player
• Robust understanding of media landscape and ad sales organizations
• Ability to interact with senior-level management, internally and externally
• Strong organizational, process, project & event management, analytical and research- related skills
• Strong budget-management skills
• Strong storytelling and deck-writing abilities
• Ability to seamlessly manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Understanding of the creative development process
• Knowledge of media marketing, the sales process and media in general
• Understanding of branding, from Portfolio-level, to Sales Vertical-level to individual property-level
• Meticulous with a keen eye for detail, organization and design
• Highly innovative with positive energy
• Strong interpersonal skills - with the ability to lead and motivate team of direct reports (Managers, Analysts, Associates), interdepartmental teams and influence internal and external clients
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.