PMC: Director of Corporate Sales
- Full Time
PMC: Director of Corporate Sales
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company, operating iconic media brands such as Rolling Stone, Variety, WWD, Robb Report, Deadline and more.
We are seeking a passionate and highly skilled Director of Corporate Sales to grow and manage the portfolio of business and educational partners subscribing to PMC’s digital content products.
Broadly, the role will lead PMC’s corporate and educational partner sales efforts through all stages, comprising pitching proposals, lead generation and nurturing, sales conversations and negotiations through to close, in addition to overseeing the effective provisioning and account management support to ultimately ensure a high rate of ongoing renewal for partner accounts.
Reporting to the VP, Digital Acquisition, the Director of Corporate Sales will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Securing sales with corporate entities and educational institutions for multi-user subscription packages, across multiple products
- Developing high quality pitch materials and presentations for sales conversations
- Leveraging PMC’s systems to find analytics and data points useful for sales and/or renewal conversations
- Managing relationships with the portfolio of corporate and educational partners, working to ensure a high renewal rate of these accounts
- Identifying where a number of PMC content products may be attractive to a specific partner and subsequently creating a suitable bespoke package of PMC content products
- Act as the lead business contact for B2B and educational partners
- Create and manage performance reporting on the partner sales business unit
- Identifying where PMC’s marketing systems can be leveraged by partner sales function to improve outbound partnership marketing to B2B and educational audiences, with the goal of increasing inbound leads.
- Manage a dedicated partner sales operations resource, and also coordinate with other internal resources to support the partner portfolio
- Some international travel may be required
- Direct client interface to present options, further the sales effort
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- 5 – 10 years of marketing/sales experience with a track record of success and innovation
- Experience in field marketing and sales to institutions, preferably of media properties
- Proven ability to lead a sales team
- Strong Excel and Proficient with MS Office and Google Docs/suite, Familiarity with digital marketing systems and analytics
- Proven ability to develop, close, and implement effective partnerships
- Basic knowledge of tech/dot.com products, ability to delve into fulfillment
- BA/BS required. MBA preferred
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.