STYLECASTER: Entertainment Editor
- Full Time
STYLECASTER: Entertainment Editor
The Entertainment Editor will be a key member of SHE Media’s STYLECASTER editorial team, working closely with the Deputy Editor to lead our coverage of both breaking celebrity news and original entertainment features. The ideal candidate should possess a modern awareness of the digital lifestyle space, thrive under tight deadlines and have an unsurpassed knowledge of today’s pop culture landscape. We’re looking for someone with a clear vision of how STYLECASTER’s entertainment coverage can evolve to best serve our style-obsessed, thoughtful millennial audience.
This role requires a self-starter who is obsessed with high-performing content, and gets excited about everything from Taylor Swift’s #Wineteen to Netflix’s “You.” As well, he/she should also have a relatable, personable voice and a strong understanding of the digital pace, including SEO best practices and service angles.
Managing daily celebrity news, entertainment features and live event coverage will all be part of this role’s purview.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assign, write and edit a minimum of 5-7 stories a day
- Ideate a monthly editorial calendar, including service, celebrity interviews, opinion pieces, predictions, recaps and reactions relevant to our audience
- Liaise with photo/design teams to conceptualize artwork
- Manage part-time Celebrity News Writer and freelance contributors
- Ensure Entertainment vertical meets monthly traffic goals
- Represent STYLECASTER at events when appropriate
- Interview celebrities and influencers with confidence and enthusiasm
The Fine Print:
- An unmatched knowledge of the modern millennial women's entertainment space, including celebrity relationships, music, movies and television
- Exceptional skills in editing and packaging stories with a pro-woman, inclusive and body positive tone
- Well-versed in digital strategy, analytics and SEO
- A broad network of exceptional writers and contributors, as well as a strong roster of contacts within the industry
About SHE Media:
SHE Media (formerly SheKnows Media) is a mission-driven digital media company created for and by women with approximately 60 million unique visitors per month (comScore) and 350 million-plus social media fans and followers. Our mission is to validate women’s voices and leadership as a unifying force for global good. The SHE Media Partner Network is the leading source for thousands of content creators, offering a diverse portfolio of monetization opportunities and educational materials to help them turn their passions into profit. SHE Media encompasses a family of leading media properties alongside our flagship sites: SheKnows.com, STYLECASTER, and #BlogHer, which hosts the world’s leading events for female content creators and entrepreneurs. SHE Media is also the creator of innovative platforms that include: The #Femvertising Awards, which honors the best pro-female advertising each year; Hatch, a resource for parents featuring kid-generated content; The Pitch, a live event series for women entrepreneurs; and The Voices of the Year, which celebrates the best in lifestyle content creation and pro-human activism. SHE Media’s parent company, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is a leading digital media company, publishing, and Information Services Company founded in 2003.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.