Associate Account Executive (Communications)- NYC
- Full Time
Who are we?
Kellen is a global professional services firm with a primary concentration in association management and communications. We also offer outsource services such as meetings and conference management, digital marketing and strategic advice. We are an employee-owned company (ESOP) with 300+ employees from a wide variety of professional disciplines. Kellen has seven offices in Atlanta (HQ), Brussels, Beijing, Chicago, Kansas City, New York City and Washington DC.
What are we looking for?
Following Kellen Best Practices, the Associate Account Executive supports Kellen client programs and aids in the implementation of a broad range of internal and/or external communications, public relations, social/digital, and content marketing activities in support of the clients’ mission and programs.
What will I do?
- Designs and distributes emails for events, programs, conferences, educational opportunities, etc.
- Makes regular website updates in content management system (CMS) and may write/compose messages.
- Researches media lists and identifies new reporters, publications, and outlets to add, and begins to build relationships with same.
- Under supervision, may pitch to small markets, including broadcast, print, and new media outlets.
- Understands clients’ social presence; embeds to understand account flavor; and writes posts or tweets in client language and voice. Researches and provides photos to accompany posts.
- Distributes electronic newsletters to clients’ membership; may contribute to writing and editing process.
- Participates in conference communications and works with committee to submit abstracts, market conference via website and social media, develop conference slides, etc.
- May create content for websites, social ads, magazines, and video.
- Creates social and digital advertisements.
- Drafts press releases.
- Participates in internal client meetings to attain understanding of strategy and direction.
- Conducts research for projects and/or business plans.
- Maintains knowledge of relevant industry and consumer publications.
- Stays well-informed about member companies and individual representatives/members.
- Other duties that align with the mission and vision of the company.
Am I qualified?
- Bachelors degree in journalism, communication, public relations, marketing, or other related discipline.
- 0 to 2 years’ experience in a communication role desired. Agency experience preferred.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communications skills to interact with internal and external stakeholders using a variety of methods.
- Strong writing skills to write and edit a variety of communications.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in spreadsheet, word-processing, database, and presentation software applications.
- Experience with association management software desired along with the ability to learn new software packages.
- Strong customer service orientation and the ability to interact effectively with staff at all levels of the organization.
- Effective planning and organization skills to effectively manage multiple projects at any given time. Reliability to maintain established schedules, manage time and priorities, and meet commitments and deadlines.
- Energetic and self-motivated team player who is accountable for initiating and managing projects through to completion with minimal direction.
- Creative and strategic thinker with the ability to set priorities based on customer (internal and external) needs and organizational priorities and preferences, and help develop solutions to client challenges.
- Strong eye for detail.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to effectively manage through change and transition.
- Proactive and collaborative working style; ability to effectively function as part of a cohesive team.
- Agile learner with growth mindset, ability to stay abreast of client industry trends and ability assimilate new job-related information appropriately.
- Travel may be necessary, up to 5% of the time and may be by travel by air, car, or rail.
What do we offer?
Kellen offers a professional and collegial work environment with great benefits where teamwork abounds and your efforts are truly appreciated. We work hard, but also strive for work/life balance. We offer generous benefits including medical, dental, vision paid vacation, holidays, a 401(k), and tuition reimbursement!