Public Relations Account Supervisor
- Full Time
Job Title: Public Relations Account Supervisor
Are you interested in doing PR the right way? In taking time to craft and lead the communications strategies for some of the best technology companies in the world? Would you like to be part of a tight-knit, highly-effective team built on values of positivity, transparency and mutual trust? If so, we're in search of a leader who is ready to guide the trajectory of a lean agency that has already established itself as a top PR firm in New York.
Location: 222 Broadway, New York, NY 10038
Comp range: $85K - $105K
- Insurance benefits: medical, dental, and vision
- Wellness: Citi Bike Membership
- Ancillary: commuter benefits
- The best colleagues you could ask for
Our mission: By engaging with the news media, we work to effectively communicate the missions, progress, and impact of the best technology companies in the world. https://www.haymaker.co/
Why this role exists:
Reporting directly to Founder & CEO, J.J. Colao, the Account Supervisor will work skillfully with three different constituencies: reporters, clients, and Haymaker team members to spearhead the expansion of our client capacity and develop an earned consumer media practice to complement our award-winning corporate practice. Haymaker is a small team that works with big companies to deliver big results.
What’s in it for me?
If you're seeking impact, ownership, and the space to do high-quality work without burning out, this role is for you. Haymaker is a tightly-knit team of five, but we outperform firms more than 10 times our size and work with some of the best names in technology. We enjoy meaningful, long-term relationships with our clients, a highly-selective client selection process, and a supportive, collaborative internal culture. The Account Supervisor will play an outsized role in shaping the firm's direction, guiding the founder through business decisions, and working directly with media and client executives.
- 5-8 years of agency or in-house communications experience, with at least one year on the agency side
- Demonstrated ability to secure consumer press for technology clients
- Demonstrated network of media relationships
- Spearhead the creation of a consumer media practice by training junior employees, guiding senior leadership, and communicating strategy to clients.
- Lead several client accounts by managing day-to-day communication, junior staff, and the development and execution of strategy.
- Secure client coverage by expertly engaging with the news media, and by systematically deepening and broadening a set of real media relationships.
- Actively contribute to internal company discussions to shape the direction and trajectory of the firm.
Core Competencies + Skills:
- A knack for non-transactional networking
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent management and leadership skills; natural inclination toward building client relationships
- Experience with account leadership and high-level PR strategy
- Ability to act as the primary manager and strategist at client meetings
- Strong connections with consumer and technology media
- A deep understanding of the communications goals, priorities and motivating factors of fast-paced technology companies
- Driven, but easy-going
- Team mentality
- Growth mindset
Other Responsibilities: This candidate should possess a team mentality, where they are willing to pull their weight on accounts outside of their responsibility (wherever possible) and be willing to proactively think about new ways to facilitate overall company growth.
As this is a mid-to-senior-level role, this candidate should also be comfortable leading team members and assign responsibilities accordingly.