- Full Time
Join PLI and represent the legal community's premier provider of continuing education and research services as a Marketing Manager in our New York office. Work in a collaborative environment that prides itself on a genuine commitment to a work-life balance (3+ weeks of vacation days!). Grow your career and help us attract new customers to our award-winning programming, while driving engagement among our expansive international audience.
For more than 80 years, PLI has served the legal community with innovative products and quality programming, building a sterling reputation spanning the country.
Your responsibilities as Marketing Manager
• In conjunction with the Director of Marketing, create, implement and lead multichannel marketing efforts in assigned practice area(s) and understand program and product performance to achieve budgetary goals.
• Understand and utilize key tools of Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Pardot for segmentation, and for building emails and landing pages.
• Communicate regularly with key stakeholders across the organization, including program attorneys, publishing and membership staff to align on marketing efforts, budget-to-actual numbers, internal and external mailing lists and/or advertising opportunities, and more.
• Create, maintain and edit CMS pages.
• Gain an understanding of available information and bring a data-driven perspective to inform and guide marketing strategies.
• Communicate with third party resources to identify promotional opportunities and relationships as well as negotiating marketing partnerships for advertising/insertions/listings to promote publications.
• Other duties, as assigned.
Qualified candidates will have:
• A Bachelors Degree and 3-5 years' experience with multi-channel marketing (direct mail, email, digital marketing) in a business-to-business environment.
• Knowledge of databases and list segmentation required as well as managing revenue and expense budgets.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
• Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
• Knowledge or experience with marketing technologies (such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud and/or Pardot, Marketo, Unica, etc), as well as knowledge or experience working with a content management system.
• Must have strong analytical and creative thinking skills.
• Strong project management, time management and organizational skills with the ability to maintain and adhere to deadlines while juggling multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously.
• Must be self-motivated, proactive and able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
Your benefits at PLI
PLI offers a generous benefits package and is committed to creating an interesting, collegial, and supportive work environment:
• Medical, dental and vision plans for employees and their families
• Generous employer contribution to employee retirement savings account
• Ample paid time off and holidays, summer Fridays
• Career development opportunities and work-life balance initiatives
Practising Law Institute (“PLI”) is a nonprofit learning organization dedicated to keeping attorneys and professionals at the forefront of knowledge and expertise, as well as preparing them to fulfill their pro bono responsibilities.
Chartered by the Regents of the University of the State of New York, PLI was founded in 1933 by Harold P. Seligson. The organization provides the highest quality, accredited, continuing legal and professional education programs in a variety of formats. PLI publishes a comprehensive library of Treatises, Course Handbooks, Answer Books and Journals also available through the PLI PLUS online platform. The essence of PLI's mission is a commitment to the pro bono community and with over 98,000 attendees at our pro bono programs this past year.